• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 13, 2024, 06:44:21 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Charlie Shiels Elements Update.

Started by Greg2013, January 14, 2015, 11:45:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Just fyi Charlie Shiels elements no longer in stock,apparently they are really popular with home brewers lol,anyway he is currently looking for a new supplier as his previous supplier can no longer get them as of now. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

molc

The last time I got an element, it was from the home brew company. They're a little expensive, but it's a nice clean and well insulated unit to install. Need to get another one or two soon to make a hlt.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Greg2013

Quote from: Bock on January 14, 2015, 01:15:35 PM
His elements went very expensive anyway. I think I bought mine for €6 and last I heard they were around €13 I think.

I believe they were 12.00 euro but cant be sure,even so they are still half the price any of the HBS here are charging for the same element. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Shanna

Just another option for elements from Amazon - 2.75kw. The shroud works well on a standard hole made with a hole saw. See the link below.

. http://www.amazon.co.uk/First4Spares-Universal-Kettle-Heating-Element/dp/B00E4L86K2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1421267737&sr=8-1&keywords=First4Spares+Universal+2750+Watt+230V+Kettle+%26+Bain+Marie+Heating+Element+%26+Screw+Fix+Collar

They are round type plugin in connectors that you have to buy separately. I had two of these already that I picked up for nothing at a local builders merchants.

Other option with connector is
http://www.amazon.co.uk/First4Spares-Universal-Heating-Element-Connector/dp/B00E4L4MFA/ref=pd_sim_sbs_kh_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=17B1JC161S8H785JJX7T

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

armedcor

I have two of the elements Shanna mentioned in my boiler. Expensive but they seem solid. I used a M8 nut to hold mine on my keggle.

I'll definitely be picking up one or two to have as a backup.