• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 24, 2024, 03:35:17 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

galway post competition festivities?

Started by LordEoin, January 31, 2015, 12:08:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEoin

where abouts do you lads recon folks will be going for post-competition pints?

Garry

I'm thinking of booking a hostel in Galway city centre. Eyre Square is a 5 minute drive (30 min walk) to the Oslo (according to Google maps). Where did everyone end up after the IPA competition?

Is there parking at the Oslo? Could you leave the car there overnight?

barkar

Hi lads

The oslo has no parking , but its adjacent the promenade in salthill which has ample car parking ; its quite safe there over night - unless there is a very high tide - people got caught out there before as its below sea wall level and flooded , that was a couple of years ago now and if there is a threat of it the car park will be closed by the council,

I have gone to home brew meetings for the last 3-4 years  - it has always ended up in the salthouse, beerhouse  or  some where else down dominck street, walkable from salt hill 15 minutes max , cant imagine this being any different

I am from out of town and I have always managed to get a b&b for €35 especially at this time of year. Try between dominck street and salthill theres plenty

Hop Bomb

Id hope people would stick around Oslo for most of the night seeing as they are the hosts & have ditched premiership footy that day to allow us have the comp there. Of course people can do as they like but Salthouse could handle maybe 8 or 10 of us on top of their usual Sat night crowd. My suggestion would be stay at Oslo til 11pm then go to Salthouse for the last few as its usually quiet then.

There is limited free parking at Oslo. I will need to clear it with the bar first. Any judges traveling please pm me.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

St. Fursey

Second the Oslo. There's no other pub in Galway that has the capacity and the range of beer - over 100 choices last time I checked.
The food is decent and there will no problem with free parking in the public car park in Salthill.  Plenty of cheap B&Bs in Salthill.

irish_goat

Happy to hang around the Oslo too. The Salthouse is nice but it might be too small if there's a crowd of us, especially on a Saturday.

Rossa

Looking forward to the Oslo after the competition. Great spot for mingling.

Hop Bomb

Lagunitas launch with meet the brewers in Salthouse the night before. So we can wind down with a few small glasses after setup in Oslo on Fri eve.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

johnrm

What time are you setting up on the Friday?
Garry and I will be floating around at some stage.