• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 02:55:25 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

IceProbe Chiller

Started by nigel_c, March 09, 2015, 05:21:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

auralabuse

Any chance you would stick up links to the cooler and power supply that works with it. This looks like exactly what I need to avoid over heating yeast

nigel_c

The one chiller I have will drop 23L @ around 20 to around 13 so looking forward to getting the 2 going.

I'll dig out the link to the parts when I get home.

Will_D

Why not read the first post in this thread?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

auralabuse

If you click on the link you will notice it has no pricing. Also no info on the power supply required.

nigel_c

Was sure i posted it already.

Quote from: nigel_c on May 01, 2015, 09:52:56 AM
Ice probe came from Amazon. Power supply came from a place called freetv.ie

auralabuse

Yeah it tried that free.ie link but was not sure which one suited. No big deal, its a bit expensive for me at the mo. I'm gonna build a custom jobbie. Will post up the stairs nfo in case anyone wants to follow suit

johnrm

I updated OP to remove any confusion.

Simon_

nigel_c

Haha you can spot the spikes when I bought my 2.   ;D

nigel_c

Bit of an update on this.
I've been happily running this in an insulated fermenter and turning out a few lagers. Got bored and after a few beers the other day i decided it was time for another upgrade so I drilled out my FastFerment conical and fitted the 2 chillers.

Since pic I've insulated it and did a water test. In the heat we've been having the last few days the fermenter got down to just below 6c with 23L water. I'd call that a good result.

molc

Getting closer to having your own home grown dalek everyday :) that thing us the business!
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

nigel_c

More like BeerBeer8  then a dalek. Must give it a nice paint job.

Leann ull

Conical on steroids, looking sweet

nigel_c

If it keeps a 0.4c swing I'll be a happy camper.

LASERBOY147

Fucking awesome! Someone has to go and do the leg work for these type projects and Nigel has truly put in the effort. Thanks I'll try the links now and check out prices , hopefully not crazy. Surely someone can rebuild and patent this??? I've seen ss brewtech chronical but the wife would want financial explanations. ..