• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 24, 2024, 11:03:05 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Kegs In Danger Of Freezing Help Needed.

Started by Greg2013, May 04, 2015, 09:40:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorcerers Apprentice

Have  you connected up a socket for cooking and a second one for heating? You wouldn't have the freezer connected to the hot socket would you ? No offence but this would be the first thing I would look at if it is running continuously when calling for heat. If you have two sockets testcdrive the stc with something like a table lamp. Plug it into the cooling socket and set the stc temp below ambient and check the light comes on and doesn't work on the hot socket, then move the set point above ambient and ensure the hoy socket comes on and the old one goes off
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

Sorcerers Apprentice

Sorry didn't see the extra pages of advice   :-X
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

Greg2013

Quote from: Sorcerers Apprentice on May 18, 2015, 09:38:16 AM
Have  you connected up a socket for cooking and a second one for heating? You wouldn't have the freezer connected to the hot socket would you ? No offence but this would be the first thing I would look at if it is running continuously when calling for heat. If you have two sockets testcdrive the stc with something like a table lamp. Plug it into the cooling socket and set the stc temp below ambient and check the light comes on and doesn't work on the hot socket, then move the set point above ambient and ensure the hoy socket comes on and the old one goes off

This was suggested by an Aussie friend on FB as well and is exactly what i am going to do so ty SA.I posted on a couple pages on FB to see if i could get an STC 1000 setup fro one of the UK lads for a decent price,i don't want to wait for the Chinese slow boat and i am not willing to pay the £70stg they are asking on ebay.co.uk for pre made setups.If in have to i will wait on the Chinese slow boat but i have two AG pilsners here in danger of having to be chucked if i can't chill them soon,hence my haste. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)