• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 09:29:57 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Co2 Regulator

Started by Endatheworld, May 21, 2015, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Endatheworld

Like alot of people on here I recently bought corny kegs. Its my first foray into the kegging world and was wondering where are people buying the Co2 Regs from?
The regs from HBS seem to be very quite expensive £50-70. I have seen regs on welding suppliers websites for Co2 but the output gauge seems to be in LPM and not PSI. I assume that you can change the gauges but don't know if its worth the hassle. Maybe I am being cheap but the Kegs only cost £35 and my Gas Tank was only £40 so it seems to be a very expensive component!?

johnrm

Seems dearer if they're sterling prices all right.
Those kegs are about 100 new. Only for someone knows someone you would not be getting them at this crazy price.

UpsidedownA (Andrew)

I've got a gas regulator that I bought from the homebrew place in dublin a couple of years ago (my beer and wine?) Anyway, I could never get it to work properly. I think it might have US style NPT pipe thread on it or something. You can have it for €15 plus a bottle of you best homebrew, if you want to try to get it working. PM me if you want a picture or anything.
IBD member

Endatheworld

Quote from: UpsidedownA (Andrew) on May 24, 2015, 09:17:41 PM
I've got a gas regulator that I bought from the homebrew place in dublin a couple of years ago (my beer and wine?) Anyway, I could never get it to work properly. I think it might have US style NPT pipe thread on it or something. You can have it for €15 plus a bottle of you best homebrew, if you want to try to get it working. PM me if you want a picture or anything.

Thanks for the offer Andrew but I bought the one from Ebay I mentioned in my last post. Got it delivered for free to my local Argos as well which is a great service Ebay offer now on some items.

UpsidedownA (Andrew)

Sweet. Enjoy your corneys!
IBD member

Ed

Do people change the gauges on the regs to lower ranges? the charts I see on carbonation don't give much over 20 PSi, but most of the regs I see have 6 bar on the low pressure side - does that not make it a little tricky to carbonate accurately?

armedcor

I'm gonna change mine out at some stage having a 5 or 6 bar gauge is no use tbh

Greg2013

Quote from: Endatheworld on May 21, 2015, 10:03:51 PM
Got one from Ebay £30 delivered. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/161683586289?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&_mwBanner=1

I need a new tank dial for my Reg but at that price i would just get a whole new reg,the only issue i see is how do i connect my JG splitter to it ? On the one i have now which is  like the one below you can screw on a barb connection onto the gas output,i don't see that capability on the reg you got. ;D

https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/co2-dual-gauge-regulator-includes-john-guest-fitting-p-2281.html
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Endatheworld

Not sure as i dont have any john guest fittings but this came with a length of tubing and a adapter which I connected to the disconnect and plan to secure with a jubilee clip?

Greg2013

Quote from: Endatheworld on May 25, 2015, 10:16:08 AM
Not sure as i dont have any john guest fittings but this came with a length of tubing and a adapter which I connected to the disconnect and plan to secure with a jubilee clip?

Would it be possible for you to unscrew that brass nut where the tube is going onto the regulator and take a pic ? I just want to see what the bare connection is like before i buy,i have a JG dual splitter that screws onto my regulator and i just want to make sure it will fit that one first. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Endatheworld

Endatheworld

Quote from: mrmeindl on May 25, 2015, 12:40:24 PM
How long is the hose on that adaptor Enda?

Just over 3ft.

960mm

beanstalk

Got in touch with your man from Ferman Enda and he's going to sort me out next week!   ;D

do you need anything else to attach that specific reg to the cylinder you have or is it all straight forward (apart from PTFE or whatever)?

Endatheworld

That great. The reg just screws on. You will just need something to tighten the nut.