• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 01:16:34 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Co2 Regulator

Started by Endatheworld, May 21, 2015, 06:45:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanstalk

Class! Well i've that reg ordered anyway. I just need a grey disconnect and some kind of tap. probably will just start with a picnic tap. This could all be a working reality by next weekend!  :o

beanstalk

May 29, 2015, 02:43:43 PM #16 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 02:54:13 PM by beanstalk
Also, i think that reg, with a proper fitting (being 300 bar), would be suitable for a mixed gas tank as well, but I must look into this further...

http://www.weldingtorchparts.co.uk/co2-gas-regulator-to-argon-gas-bottle-adaptor.html

Endatheworld

Quote from: beanstalk on May 29, 2015, 02:41:00 PM
Class! Well i've that reg ordered anyway. I just need a grey disconnect and some kind of tap. probably will just start with a picnic tap. This could all be a working reality by next weekend!  :o

I have most of my bits now as well. Just need to build me a Kegerator........

beanstalk

Nice! I have a big coke fridge but its an energy eater and only cools to about 8C or so, so I might carb at ambient garage temp and if its cool enough serve from there or else turn om the fridge and fire it in a few days before bbqs etc butbut I gotta find out more about carbing at warmer temps etc...

hopapotamus

Quote from: beanstalk on May 29, 2015, 02:41:00 PM
how much did they charge you for shipping?

beanstalk

I got free delivery to an address in the north. Not sure about cost of delivery to republic unfortunately.

hopapotamus

feck it , may as well open a pm account , good prices on there.

beanstalk

Definitely worth it!

hopapotamus

this kegging lark is getting expensive but shur we're worth it lol

Greg2013

I will be ordering one of these myself soon as funds allow,at that price it would be madness not to  :P
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

beanstalk

hi Folks,

I ve noticed that upon setting the gauge on the regulator I just bought that it rises graudually to higher psi which has resulted in a lot of gas wastage and makes the think the regulator is fautly. For example, ill set the pressure at 2psi, over the course of half an hour it rises slowly to over 40!

If I disconnect the gas line from the keg, its even worse!

What do yous think the problem might be?

Will_D

Sounds like a faulty reg to me.

The only way the pressure should increase is when you screw in the knob (clockwise)

Can you post a picture of the reg please?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

beanstalk

Will do when I get home but its the exact same as the reg pictured on the previous page on this thread by endatheworld.

Leann ull

Folks please be very weary of using items in areas that they were not originally designed for particularly pressurised gas :(
Alex had cheap dedicated homebrew regs.

Endatheworld

Quote from: beanstalk on June 08, 2015, 09:17:41 AM
hi Folks,

I ve noticed that upon setting the gauge on the regulator I just bought that it rises graudually to higher psi which has resulted in a lot of gas wastage and makes the think the regulator is fautly. For example, ill set the pressure at 2psi, over the course of half an hour it rises slowly to over 40!

If I disconnect the gas line from the keg, its even worse!

What do yous think the problem might be?

I havent used my Reg in anger yet. So I cant help you there. I can test it later to see if is same!

Quote from: Ciderhead on June 08, 2015, 11:36:42 AM
Folks please be very weary of using items in areas that they were not originally designed for particularly pressurised gas :(
Alex had cheap dedicated homebrew regs.

Ciderhead - Can you expand on this? What is he difference in A CO2 reg made for welding and one for brewing as sold by the HBS. The only difference I can see is that the ones for brewing have a smaller measuring scale on the outlet gauge?