• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 07:30:34 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Mead Resources

Started by Bubbles, April 01, 2015, 04:18:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

Mead Ambassador nominee there ;) 

bachus

Dominik (bachus)

bachus

Dominik (bachus)

molc

Getting together indegrients at the moment for my first attempt.

Where do people get the nutrients for these? I've seem Go-Ferm used for the rehydrating of the yeast and Fermaid-K for the nutrient additions, but can't seem to source them here, outside of a 1kg bag on the THBC.

Alternatives/sources for getting them?
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Bubbles

Unfortunately, I don't have a source for these products. I use Youngs yeast nutrient, which is just diammonium phosphate (DAP). I think GoFerm is also DAP based, or maybe it's the other one you mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

molc

Yeah I have youngs as well. Cool, I'll just use that. One of them isn't dap based, as that is bad for dry yeast when it's rehydrating I believe, so I'll just use it on days 1, 3 and 5 and degas the other days.

nigel_c

If you have a yeast starter on the go you could boil some and use that as nutrient. Them yeasties will eat other yeasties. Savages.

Yenren

Quote from: molc on May 30, 2016, 08:45:41 PM
Getting together indegrients at the moment for my first attempt.

Where do people get the nutrients for these? I've seem Go-Ferm used for the rehydrating of the yeast and Fermaid-K for the nutrient additions, but can't seem to source them here, outside of a 1kg bag on the THBC.

Alternatives/sources for getting them?

Here is a source for fermaid k http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FERMAID-K-Complete-Yeast-Nutrient-Wine-Making-Home-Brew-500G-/232232913434?hash=item3612290a1a:g:f9AAAOSwQTVV8lJj
Wouldn't you know it as soon as I got some fermaid K fermaid O is now all the rage and can't find a source for it. Sure at least we are use to being behind the times here. Also you can find smaller amounts of goferm on eBay too. Happy mazing!

molc

Nice one, cheers! I'll be transferring to tertiary in a few months so will have another same then and see how it's getting on.