• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 09, 2024, 04:41:55 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Beer line ? What size?

Started by belfastjacko, November 24, 2016, 05:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

February 20, 2017, 03:36:42 PM #15 Last Edit: February 20, 2017, 04:19:43 PM by CH
If you could find something like that in metal?
Where did tap come from

TheSumOfAllBeers

If you use some tubing with 10mm interior diameter, you can wrap it around the 3/8 line and secure it with hose clips.

belfastjacko

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/381789151598

This is the one. It's 10mm OD. So it's just slightly too big for the 3/8 connector. I tried to "shave" it but obviously I can't be accurate enough, I tried to heat it make it more malleable but it's just not playing ball.

My original post was wrong it's close to 3/8" not 3/16". Can't get my head round these imperial measurement.

belfastjacko

The 3/16 fits snugly inside it, might get a jubilee clip to secure that, then use JG after that.

Dracusse

Why not just get rid of short lines and fit one the lenght you want ?

belfastjacko

Can't get my hand anywhere near the taps to undo the jubilee clips that came with it, and as far as I can tell the top doesn't come off.

belfastjacko

I think I've worked a solution out in my head anyway. Thanks for your help sometimes just venting can help.

Dracusse

Top should come off ...  imho.

Dracusse

If no just look for stainles pipe which is can fit in to you lines make a piece  around 4cm long and secure it with clips ...

Leann ull

be careful interruption to flow can cause foaming

Will_D

I remember a long,long  time ago at the Shakespeare NHC beer day, Will Davis welded together two beer lines of different sizes using a cigarette lighter for someone who went on to Yellow Belly!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

DEMPSEY

The original pipe had to be fitted on the first place so the tap has to come apart to allow this to happen
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

belfastjacko

Yeah that's what I thought but it doesn't turn nor does it "wobble" off, don't want to break it

Shanna

Quote from: belfastjacko on February 21, 2017, 01:06:34 AM
Yeah that's what I thought but it doesn't turn nor does it "wobble" off, don't want to break it
Would you.please upload a photo of the problem part/area? Sometimes the John Guest fittings have plastic inserts that can be added in/removed to widen/narrow the hole in the fitting. I have some taps with very narrow fittings that have very small John Guest adaptors clipped in. They are very difficult to remove & I wonder if you have something similar?

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

belfastjacko

Sorry folks. Managed to get the top off the tower, a hammer and a plank of wood sorted it. So I just attached the standard size to the taps and worked from there.

First load of pints were massively over carbonated, but now I've moved the keg into my chiller and it seems to have balanced out.

Thanks for all your help you guys have been invaluable. I'll get some photos up when I get the place fully sorted, although now the beer is flowing the tidying stuff away part doesn't seem nearly as important.