• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 28, 2024, 05:55:34 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

House of Homebrew

Started by Bazza, January 14, 2014, 03:13:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

Quote from: CH on January 28, 2014, 09:38:26 PM
Having said all that I only use glass or stainless kegs now ;D
Hmmm!!

Me old plastic kit is setting up a nice micro-environment for yeasties!

A bit like the Ale wife and her "Magic Rod"

Correction: She didn't use that for brewing!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

belfastboozer

Do these guys sell all grain brewing equipment, it would be good to get someone talk you through how it works in shop

finbarrmc

I haven't been in to the shop yet, I plan on going this Saturday, but from their website it looks like they do sell some equipment.

belfastboozer

cool, I think i'll pop in for a nosey too

Roo

My best advice is to get to the next brew day and youll get all the set up help you need....I did and im onto my forth batch. It ironed out problems before they arose.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

belfastboozer

Quote from: Razzer on January 31, 2014, 12:03:32 AM
My best advice is to get to the next brew day and youll get all the set up help you need....I did and im onto my forth batch. It ironed out problems before they arose.

Cheers lad where did you get your start up equipment?

Roo

Cheers lad where did you get your start up equipment?
[/quote]

http://www.nisbets.co.uk/Buffalo-Manual-Fill-Water-Boiler-40Ltr/CC193/Producn occasionaltDetail.raction
This is where I got my boiler. ...not entirely convinced with it though as it has a cut out.......I also bought a hop strainer that I attached using the home brew forum to complete it.

With having hands like a baby elephants foot I managed to make my own manifold (I amazed myself) and wort chiller by "you tubing" it and modifying it to suit myself. I got my cool box from amazon which I managed to get a mate who is handy to bore a hole and attach the ball valve....it is surprisingly easy. If you like I can attach the links.

My theory is that it will cost a bit to outlay the equipment and there will be a few f@@k ups along the way but factor that in and it's really worth it. I'm doing this relatively blind apart from the forums and talking to people like Bazza and Eoin Wilson .....getting feed back and asking questions....I swear it's been invaluable. They won't profess to know everything and are really patient and understanding. We are all in the same boat and the rewards are amazing.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Paddy

They don't sell AG equipment if memory serves but they do sell various malted grains and a handful of other ingredients.

If you are looking a boiler, manifold, chiller, I'd suggest shopping around online or as Razzer said building some of it yourself.  Takes a bit of time but is quite easy.  Loads of resources and how tos on the interwebs :)

belfastboozer

Had look and much as the staff are very friendly they haven't got the stock, disappointing prices too

Bazza

Just heard today they're closing down the Smithfield shop.

Not entirely surprised if I'm honest, but hopefully they'll keep the thing running up in Nature's Way. Wonder if the website will stay in operation.

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

grizzybeard

Too expensive when the likes of HBC and HBW are so cheap and have free delivery.