• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 09, 2024, 02:40:13 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Rebel Brewers September meet

Started by johnrm, August 28, 2015, 11:50:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

There's a few new heads would like to say hello, so maybe have a meet.
Need to decide...
Location.
Date.
Time.
Agenda - brew days, beers, collab projects.

The Pizza is good and the talent is great but I'm not sure the arse end of the Fran well is the best place for meets.

Thoughts?

mr hoppy

Drum

I'll try to get in wherever we meet a long as Mrs Drum feels like driving that night.

Garry

The Linen Weaver (Wetherspoons) is supposed to be opening the first week of September?

House party after at dcalnans?  :P

johnrm

Do you think they will allow byob?

mr hoppy

johnrm

I meant at dcalnans, his new bar looks mighty tempting.

johnrm

Where are all the rest of the Rebel crew?
FFS lads, spake up!

Taf

Put up some dates. Fridays tricky for me, as kids have swimming lessons, but can get someone else to take them if I give enough notice. Definitely up for a meet, as haven't been to one in ages.

dcalnan

johnrm

Weekdays won't really work so its either Friday or Saturday.
I'll put dates up.
It seems to have gone very quiet on the Rebel front.

Dr Horrible

I'm keen to have a look at Wetherspoons ok but I'd say half of Cork will be as well,  it'll be heaving.  From what  I remember of that  place it wasn't exactly spacious(loads of levels  though).  I quiite  like the Hub as a venue for a meet, decent selection of beer, plenty of seats and we can actually all hear each other but I'll go with whatever the popullar choice is.  Same with the date, not too sure at the moment what dates suit but will do my best to make it along.

hopapotamus

is there anything to be said for a few saturday/sunday afternoon pints/meet up? i have nothing drinkable at the moment

johnrm

I've just swung the vote.

Aiming for 18th - let's go for The Hub
Objections below (then he locks the thread  >:D )

Taf

I voted for the 11th, but can also do the 18th, so will we set 18th as the date?

In relation to location, I'm easy enough, but if going to the hub, we should check in advance that it's okay, as don't think any of us are regulars there. Personally I prefer the Well, but will go wherever, as long as we are welcome.