• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:28:15 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Cask event Hosted by Bren and Kellie - SAT 12th Sept!

Started by brenmurph, September 05, 2015, 10:08:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

September 05, 2015, 10:08:56 AM Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:58:04 PM by johnrm
just Posted on Beoir and here to let ye know about our Cask ale event.
If ye didnt Know We have brewed a special old ale with Judy and Susan Boyle in Kildare at Trouble Brewing. The beer is for sale in Kildare only and was showcased to great success at numerous events inc the RDS.
WE have one cask only so heres the deal...........

Hi All fellow Beoir members, Homebrewclub members and friends

We brewed a very special beer which was showcased at numerous events inc the RDS. Its a dark ale brewed somewhat tradionally based on old dark ale. We have just one cask which we have put aside for an event for beer enthusiasts and now invite Beoir and Homebrew club members to come to our day out which involves the following:

Cracking the cask in Boyles pub early afternoon
Enjoying 3 or4 pints each and food for 16 euros fee.
FREE BEER AT MALTCRACKER afterwards.
Currently pouring
1. bockweiss
2. Dunkles weiss
3. Weissbier
4. English strong bitter
5. Belgian dark strong

Tasting / Sampling / Blind taste off vs commercial

1. Wild cider
2. Imperial Whiskey barrel aged stout
3. Dark belgian strong
4. Rauchbier
5. Saison
6. National summer sessions winner 'Fisherstown Fruity'

If ye have not been to Maltcracker's base you will wonder why ye have not to date. We have numerous fantastic beers including our UK nationals entries at the moment.
Vegetable and fruit gardens in full bloom and hops on the vines. A wonderful welcoming place to enjoy beer AND SAMPLE MALTCRACKER INN'S AMAZING FOOD FROM THE GARDEN AND WHOLESOME BEER

Ok Cask is only being tapped subject to it being Finished on the day so who is in?????
Please contact Reuben or ourselves @maltcracker

Looking forward to seeing ye next saturday

Sleep overs welcome we have tents, caravans, floor space and numerous b&bs

brenmurph

No interest for 'a day in beer heaven'? Real, local, kildare cask ale to be tapped for beoir and homebrew club members brewed by us in trouble brewery, tapped / served in boyles pub and then an evening of award winning beer drinking tasting banter and food straight from the garden at maltcrackers beer heaven?.   No takers?

Dr Jacoby

Every little helps

brenmurph

Hi Dr Jacoby.........sat 12th  (this saturday) in in original post but Ill try emphasise the date if somehow I could edit the original post

johnrm

Lochlannach

Leann ull

Disgusted I'm missing it as this annual event ;) is great crack with quality beers

hassettbrew

Im in .... just have to convince herself and a 3 year old  ^-^ ;)

auralabuse

Simon_

Dr Jacoby

Hi Bren/Kellie, myself and a friend will be heading out to this. It'll be the evening before we can make it out though. That ok?
Every little helps

brenmurph

@ simon f  on this occasion its a pub based event for the afternoon the maltcracker base is open afterwards. So I's say this event is not really suitable for  children

@ dr jacoby thats ok you will need to touch base on the day as we will be in Boyles pub from early afternoon to early evening not sure yet of exact finishing time in pub

Dodge

Great news! Managed to get the day off so Bren and Kellie, I'll be there! Tricia won't be able to attend although.

brenmurph

September 08, 2015, 09:57:04 PM #13 Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 10:33:06 PM by brenmurph
Had meeting tonight with the boyles. Official meet up 2pm saturday. A great day is guaranteed, great beer and should (as usual ) be great banter, beer and craic.

Theres enought interest that this event is going ahead. Guests will not be dissapointed as always maltcracker events are the best.
This time its both homebrew and local craft ale we brewed ourselves that sadly for me and credit to Mark and the lads at trouble is as good as beer gets re balance, flavour and drinkability......as good as anything we can produce at home.....so just one cask of this ale  but plenty of this fine ale on tap from the kegs in the pub as well.
Boyles have a great offy in the pub...judy boyle is a beer sommellier and is proud of her off licence which only stocks beer she has QC'd herself

so roll on saturday for the maltcracker cask ale ( real local ale) event and as rueben says " then go drink bren dry at his brewery"  but I dought if ye lads will manage that.....we brew a lot! and stock is good at the moment! Please feel free to spread the word to your friends and real beer fans

hassettbrew

Can't attend this event, forgot I had a bjcp class on Saturday :-o