• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 07:29:20 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Who's Brewing in The Kildare area!

Started by Gav, March 14, 2013, 09:38:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gav

Hello, just wondering how many people are brewing in the Kildare area and if there is any regular meetings!

brenmurph

Thanks Tube is has been a tough couple weeks!
Gav brewing tomorrow 23rd all grain give me a buzz if u want in.0862509937

Gav

I'd just like to say a belated thank you to Brendan and Kellie for their hospitality last Saturday. I'm lookin to get into All Grain brewing soon, I've just bottled my third kit so I still have a lot to learn about Homebrewing and I couldn't have been in a better place. Brendan brewed an American style Coffee stout and from start to finish he was just full of information, hints, tips any questions I had he answered. I can't recommend highly enough a mash day over in Brendan's, for anyone out there like my who's looking to make the leap to all grain but your not sure what kit you need or you've just got lots of questions, get along to a mash day.
The quality of the brews Bendan is producing is amazing and he had a very impressive selection to taste too!
Thanks again Brendan for all your help and your hospitality.

Ciderhead

Gav, our brains were all fried when we went from Kits to AG, but persevere and I luv Brendan as he is so enthusiastic and keeps things as simple as possible.

GrahamR

Not quite Kildare but im in Blessington and brewing atm. Still on hacked kits at the mo but have my 10 ltr stock pot in the hopes of making the step up to extract in the next while
Lifes Too Short To Not Make Beer

Fermenter 1 - Turquoise Lunar Showing

Fermenter 2 - Vitalift Cider

Gav

Hey Graham, good to hear from you. I'm only starting off really and have 3 kits under my belt but I'm getting my all grain setup soon. I'd highly recommend getting over to Brandan Murphy and see what he's doing over there with both kits and all grain, keep an eye out for one of his mash days, really well worth it. Keep us posted on your extract brewing too. Il be quiet for a while as iv got a one day old here beside me but il be brewing again soon enough, got the bug.

brenmurph

April 09, 2013, 10:00:43 AM #6 Last Edit: April 09, 2013, 10:01:50 AM by brenmurph
Hi Gav & Graham,

all very welcome across, next brewday will beĀ  sat 20th april if possible, it will be confirmed asap.

Very welcome over with friends, wives and others, pass the word its a friendly relaxed meet up.

Brendan

Hi Folks - I am wine brewer - any others or is it all Beer ??

Italian father in law influence  ;)

johnrm

Wine? Of course! (You do mean barley wine?  ;) )

There's a good bit of this going on between porters and ales.

Welcome to the NHC!

brenmurph

Quote from: Brendan on May 26, 2013, 01:58:01 PM
Hi Folks - I am wine brewer - any others or is it all Beer ??

Italian father in law influence  ;)

Hi Brendan and welcome.
wine beer cider, bider and wider.....it its made with yeast its homebrew ;)

we have a large range of brews here in kildare..
next weeks brew is a spruce ale from our own trees...we are makin a bider from some apple juice given to me by the fella that grew dem and we are testing outr latest wines and prob bottling them at the same brewday  keep n touch with the south kildare section

regrds Brendan eile,, your south kildare branch organiser.

pm me a few notes if you want and if ur near kildare town drop in some day

GrahamR

when is the next brew day planned Bren

brenmurph

GrahamR

brenmurph