• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 16, 2024, 09:59:04 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

HBW Bulldog Lager Kit.

Started by Greg2013, December 06, 2015, 11:41:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

RobShamrock

Not done that one, but have done two bulldog brews, first up the bad cat which was OK, drank it a bit young was my 2nd ever brew so was a bit quick off the mark drinking it, Last few bottles where good albeit I under carbed it a bit.

At the moment I've sampled a few of my christmas brewed Evil Dog, its come out great bottled on 20th Sept.

So if its like them I'd imagine it would make a good brew !!!

Drzava

I presume it's the 'el cheapo' €10 one you're looking at (rather than the Hammer of Thor)? Buddy did it - I'll ask him about it but I recall he thought it was an OK, blandish ale / lager. Dead easy to make as with all the higher end Bulldog kits (it's just one, screwcap, big bag of malt). I think it didn't come with a hop tea bag, unlike other Bulldog kits, but I'll clarify that. At the end of the day, even if it's only ok, for a tenner you're laughing.

Greg2013

Quote from: Drzava on December 07, 2015, 03:23:11 PM
I presume it's the 'el cheapo' €10 one you're looking at (rather than the Hammer of Thor)? Buddy did it - I'll ask him about it but I recall he thought it was an OK, blandish ale / lager. Dead easy to make as with all the higher end Bulldog kits (it's just one, screwcap, big bag of malt). I think it didn't come with a hop tea bag, unlike other Bulldog kits, but I'll clarify that. At the end of the day, even if it's only ok, for a tenner you're laughing.

Yes thats the one, was wondering is it the Cortez Gold or something else entirely ? I will be dumping the kit yeast and i will use either wlp029 or an ale yeast of some sort. I might dry hop it but with what is the question lol.  ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)