• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:20:40 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Meet up

Started by Donny, January 09, 2016, 09:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny

South Central in ruins? No activity here in a while. I propose a meet up. Would love to meet other local brewers and head cases alike. Is there a rolecall or something we can do?

Donny

I seriously can't be the only homebrew idiot in the area can I?

Damien M

Nope your not Donny! Just mad busy!

Donny

How are the plans going?

Slev

am knocking around this neck of the woods also.
Does seem quite in this section- but no harm in rattling the bushes as they say

Donny

Quote from: Slev on May 03, 2016, 11:15:56 PM
am knocking around this neck of the woods also.
Does seem quite in this section- but no harm in rattling the bushes as they say

Dont think there are many of us around these parts mate. Anything brewing at the mo?

Slev

Seems quite alright. But we'll soldier on.

Have a milk stout in the fermenter atm. Yourself?

Donny

I have a 1gal batch going from a bunch of stuff that was about to go off. I guess it could be an IPA. Planning a ale next. Where you based?

Slev

Between thurles and Roscrea.

Don't get a huge amount of time to brew. But use the biab method. Make 10-12 litre batches (bottled) normally. Still looking for the signature Ber!

Donny

Same, BIA   saves the space. Recently got myself a PECO boiler and it does the trick nicely. Havent had the time to do a brew recently, Made out a recipe for a kind of honey ale I want to try to make.

http://beersmithrecipes.com/viewrecipe/1118633/abbey-brews-honey-ale

Slev

Its a bad sign for a club when there is a warning about posting (more than 120 days warning thingie).

Perhaps we should re rattle the bushes and see if anyone is about.   

Donny

You and I can keel SC alive Slev. Anything on the go?

Slev

Rise from the embers..
We must arrange to meet or exchange a beer

Milk stout in the fermenter,  and a lemondrop (and lemondrop with sorchi ace dry hop)  experiment bottled.

Donny

Have my ingredients for a milk stout here at the moment just waiting for my FC to empty. I have a golden ale in there at the mo. I also have a coffee and oatmeal stout sitting on some oak chips for a few days. Might bottle it this weekend. Roll on next winter because it's the best damn stout I've ever made

Slev

With out doubt, sounds good . If you need a taster, will oblige.
Have a few 15l pp buckets, if you need some more fv's.

(always find that the best beer i have is the one just gone into the fermenter. Its like the anticipation of a holiday/event, nearly better before....)