• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 12:57:09 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2nd/3rd kit

Started by Inky, January 25, 2016, 12:06:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Inky

Quote from: LordEoin on January 29, 2016, 02:31:32 AM
by 'close it' I mean 'stop opening the fecking bucket!'  ;D
I love the subtle sentiment in this message 😁 it was closed straight after the picture was taken and won't be checked for at least another 2 weeks cheers LordEoin

LordEoin

It's instinct to poke around at it. Probably the same instinct that makes us buy baby monitors and breathing monitors, etc for a newborn and check them in their sleep every 20 minutes when the best thing for them is to just leave them alone to sleep in peace.  ;D

Inky

Hey everyone, only getting back to this now with work, diy etc the usual. Both kits have been in primary for 3 weeks now. I have added the hops and hoping all going well to bottle on Wed evening. Only problem I have is to batch prime, the ipa kit comes with sugar but doesn't seem to say if I should do the whole lot or not. The bad cat comes with nothing at all, I went and bought some glucose to do it myself but finding it hard to work out the calculator if anyone has any suggestions it'd be greatly appreciated. Cheers

Ozbrewer

http://www.brewersfriend.com/beer-priming-calculator/

Use that link. Couldn't be simpler. Temp should be your fermentation temp. CO2 volume at 2.2 (personal preference). I find much more than that and the beer is too gassy. I recommend using DME.

HTH.

Inky

Cheers Ozbrewer it was the CO2 volume that was kind of throwing me with the calculator

LordEoin

this graph should make it a bit clearer: