• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 03:41:33 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Keg

Started by 2401keith, July 09, 2016, 12:42:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2401keith

Just looking for a keg for boil kettle not getting much look finding one

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Leann ull

Done deal? adverts

LordEoin

yeah. adverts has some here for 15 quid.

2401keith

Ya I seen that a bit far for me! I'm looking a one in dublin thanks for the heads up

Vermelho

I have one drilled and all. PM me.

djanto

Beer, it's the best damn drink in the world. Jack Nicholson

2401keith

Ok so I got a keg next question I'm thinking of doing biab with the keg I need to get a gas burner for it  any advice would be great

Leann ull

Put elements on it  >:D

Crowd in newry or Lisburn do the burners, old thread in forum there somewhere about size you need

Oh Crap

August 07, 2016, 07:40:47 PM #9 Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 08:06:47 PM by Oh Crap
Just remember you want the keg skirt to sit on the burner, if you go for the cast iron ones the keg skirt is too wide thus it sits on the dome part of the keg....not good.
Beer
1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is enough & 4 isn't half enough

2401keith

I have a burner already an I know wat u mean you would need a pretty wide burner

JayMc

August 09, 2016, 04:27:46 PM #11 Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 04:52:32 PM by JayMc
Hi Keith,

I just did my first BIAB in my keggle yesterday, all went well apart from overshooting my mash temp a little. Probably should have turned off the gas when it said 60 or 65 Degrees. I got this bag http://brewinabag.co.uk/en/biab-bags/9-biab-bag-for-pots-up-to-45cm-diameter-0756406310853.html for about €30 and it is brilliant!

Happy Brewing!

Edit: Also, Ikea sell 34cm lids for €7.50 and stainers that look like they could hold a 6kg or 7kg bag of grain.
Head Brewer
3 Brewers, Toronto

2401keith

Great stuff sure it's all a bit of craic Wat burner have you got mine is a bit small I think it's only 2.4 kw how do ya deal wit the Base of the keg wit the the rim is your burner wider then the keg lots of questions I no !!!

JayMc

I picked up this burner from Hamilton gas for about €40 including delivery. It's 7.5kw
http://gasproducts.co.uk/outdoor-living/boiling-rings-and-gas-burners/large-square-gas-boiling-ring.html

It's 40cm wide so slightly bigger than the skirt of the keg. I was really happy happy and no issues with it. It took roughly 45 mins to get 33L to 70 Degrees and about 30 mins or more to get up to a rolling boil. My whole brewday took me about 7 hours including a 90 minute mash and cleanup.

Head Brewer
3 Brewers, Toronto

DEMPSEY

What was your boil off percentage. I find them to be mega with the boil off
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us