• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:59:07 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

august meet??

Started by CC, August 22, 2016, 05:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CC

well lads.... are we having a meet this thurs or wha??

guest1906

Hi Guys

I will have no cider to bring to this meeting on Thursday as I have it in the carboy fermenting away and won't be ready till 27 September, but do jams count?

David

Can't make it this month

Sent from my E2303 using Tapatalk

Bubbles

I can't make this month either lads, though that's not the reason I haven't organised the meet.  Just dropped the ball on it. :-[

Put your name down here, and if there's sufficient interest. I'll organise with the landlord.

CC

I was only going to be moochin anyways lads as I've nothing ready for drinking...

1)cc available but beerless

molc

Been doing judge training the last few weekends, so I think I'll give my liver a much needed break and bow out this meet.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

RedWino

New member here  ;D I'll come if there's a meeting.
Have no brew ready to be drunk tho...

Otherwise I'll come to the next.

Shanna

Have to give a miss this week also. Will save till the following month.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

guest1906

I need some advice on cider yeasts but i want to talk to one to one at a meeting. I do have sparkling apple wine from 2014 if any one wants to try, that just might save my bacon. I'm currently in the middle of pressing apples and have pressed 100kg to date. I have also come across an Orchard open to the public and tell you guys were it is on Thursday.

Leann ull

JamMan extensive info in Prof Will D's Cider 101

guest1906

The Berry cider I'm making that I have made I have extracted a bottle out of the batch just for you guy's tomorrow evening.

northernnick

Ahh damn. I was gonna bring some bottles to my first meet, I luckily finish work early tomorrow. Hopefully something organised for next month?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Bubbles

Quote from: northernnick on August 24, 2016, 11:05:10 PM
Ahh damn. I was gonna bring some bottles to my first meet, I luckily finish work early tomorrow. Hopefully something organised for next month?

Sent from my XT1039 using Tapatalk

Yes, there will be a meet next month I'm sure.

CC

looks like we'll be keeping the powder dry for next month so lads....
@Jamman a one to one chat with me about cider would be as useful to you as tits on a bull..... i know nothing and find it hard to appreciate even the best examples

CH's cider tinged whiskey from last month was as close as i've ever gotten to enjoying an apple based bevvie!!

molc

Quote from: CC on August 25, 2016, 09:46:56 AM
CH's cider tinged whiskey from last month was as close as i've ever gotten to enjoying an apple based bevvie!!
That's because it was half whiskey ;)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter