• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:03:41 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Help!!!

Started by 2401keith, September 16, 2016, 10:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2401keith

ok iv just kegged my first razorback IPA rehydrated yeast for the first time fermented @21c for 14 day transferred to keg FG was 1008 over too days
my issue is  I'm getting a plastic burp taste when drinking can't smell anything bad its still very very cloudy but this is the first time iv tasted this i use the same water all the time filtered tap water and there is no chlorine smell off it and i drink it as well i was taking samples through out the fermentation and didn't get this is it still to fresh to start to be spiting hairs thanks for any advice ...my beer line is from b&q the clear tubing and i use starsan

Qs

Is the beer line new? Could be that. If its not clear it could be a lot yeast settling at the bottom of the keg, might sort itself in a few pints.

2401keith

ya its new i don't mind it too much just as long i don't die ha ha it will happen!! some day!!

Leann ull

Quote from: 2401keith on September 16, 2016, 10:38:40 PM

my issue is  I'm getting a plastic burp taste

What's a plastic burp taste like? any other descriptives?

21 degrees is high, have you ferment control?
Your beer is only 16 days old!
Leave another two weeks chilled if you can and chuck the first 1/5 pint

2401keith

A I know I usually forment at 18 it was just I read the instructions this time!!! It's a learning game and iv a bit to go yet but it's all a bit ov craic

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Leann ull

Sounds like your enjoying the crack alright, bit more time and it'll be great

Slev

Like Keith,  I find it hard to get the right vocabulary to describe.  While I know,  kind of,  what I want to say,  putting it in universal language can be a challenge.
I know experience with experienced folks (seasoned brewers,  judges)  and the such is the way to go,   but for those of use isolated from such resources,  what is is the way to go?

LordEoin

Quote from: 2401keith on September 16, 2016, 10:38:40 PM
my beer line is from b&q the clear tubing
Any idea what it's made of? What part of the country are you in. Maybe someone close by has some beer line.

Otherwise just leave it alone in the keg for a week or two and try again.

2401keith

I haven't got a clue I might change it over to one I'm using for a different beer that hasn't got this issue I'm in drogheda

lordstilton

I know exactly what your talking about.. No dodgy smell, beer taste good but when you burp you get a plastic taste in your mouth??  Did you use tap water and if so did you leave it over night to let the chlorine evaporate??

2401keith

Ya know wat I did and never did it before I bottled had 4 5l bottle s from batch I did be4 and cleaned them with starsan and filled them and put them in my fridge so when I was doing this one the water would be good and cold I f@@ked up did I ??

lordstilton

Why did you want the wafer good and cold?

2401keith

to get down to temp to pitch the yeast

2401keith

is there any harm drinking it