• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:18:42 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

March Meetup - Calling CORK brewers!

Started by johnrm, March 07, 2017, 10:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

I am conscious that there are a few bodies in Cork City/Suburbs and County who are lurking but who may like to meet with fellow homebrewers.

A recurring theme is that Cork is a large county and access to meets is a bit of a problem.
One solution - start your own club.
There is an East Cork Rebels - we have brewdays and meetups randomly in Midleton.

Proposing a meetup for...
Thursday 30th March Bierhaus
There is a Yellowbelly Tap Takeover the same night.

Don't be shy now. O0

mr hoppy

Any chance of a poll?

I'd like to meet up but won't be round that weekend.

johnrm

Yep, could do a poll.
Feel free to throw alternative dates, venues and activities up here.

Theres a couple of Midleton heads going to be in Bierhaus for the Yellabelly gig anyway.

I'll stick a note on Whatsapp too for lads that are not on here much.

dcalnan

The yellow-belly takeover sounds good, but why are they always Thursdays  >:( , might be good for people to bring their  scoresheets and beers if they have any left to compare to. I know I was surprised with mine.

Drum

I just moved even further west into the sticks so getting into the city is going to be tricky not that I got in much when I was 20 miles closer. On the plus side, I now have a decent human being for a landlord instead of the faceless vulture that took over my last house.

I had been thinking of getting a west cork rebel movement started alright.  Anyone else out near clonakilty or dunmanway that would like to try a meet up/tasting session/ brewday or whatever?  Please get in touch and we can try to organise something.

It would be great to get the whole club together for something this year. The brewday/bbq in kinsale was great fun but it happened so organically that it would be hard to replicate. One idea that crossed my mind was something like a daytrip to killarney. Maybe meet up with the kerry lads for pints or even a small friendly interclub competition like the wee county/royal brewers thing last year. 
Of course as John said the biggest problem is we're all so spread out in cork it can be hard to get to meets let alone organise  daytrips and comps, so might be better to start small   

johnrm

Hey Drum, any further West and you'll be in America!
Are there any locals there with an interest? Any local rag? Maybe organise an interview with a few pics.

Joe Cal

I'm up for the yellowbelly thing but I'm a disaster for scheduling conflicts

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

johnrm

I'll Bate ya Thursday 30th 8pm if you don't go.
Problem solved

dcalnan

I say there's a good few down in West cork. Re the Killarney meet up, the Killarney beer fest will be in may and it it's turning out to be a really good festival, the Munster clubs are much more spread out, so it would be nice to meet up .

tommy

Id be fine with the Thursday meet up myself weekends are out for me until April.
Getting into brewing to save money on beer is like buying a boat to save money on fish......

SkiBeagle

Thursday sounds good. Is this our first meet of the year? Everybody gets very secretive before the competition!  >:D

johnrm

Reminder about Thursday 30th.
As luck would have it my Missus needs to be dropped at Aircoach on Friday 31st at 1AM.
Balls.
I plan on getting to this anyway.
Pick a time.

Dr Horrible

Plan to be there early and leave early - want to get the bus home at ten seeing as it's a school night. That's assuming there'll be buses running, going to have problems if there isn't.

johnrm

Tell me what's early, I'll try be there from the start.

tommy

Cant make it until half 9 to 10 o clock myself, will have a good scoring oatmeal stout and a trial wit beer for the night.
Getting into brewing to save money on beer is like buying a boat to save money on fish......