• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 01:12:50 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

March Meetup - Calling CORK brewers!

Started by johnrm, March 07, 2017, 10:23:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe Cal

Hopefully the buses will be back. I could walk in but i was planning on a bus back out

Taf

Will be in around 9ish myself. Anyone have any interest in fuggle rhizomes, as I have plenty to spare? They are shooting at the moment, so closer to a plant than just a rhizome. Bit of work in growing and harvesting them, but someone might enjoy the challenge.

Ten brown bottles

Quote from: Drum on March 08, 2017, 10:44:42 PM
I just moved even further west into the sticks so getting into the city is going to be tricky not that I got in much when I was 20 miles closer. On the plus side, I now have a decent human being for a landlord instead of the faceless vulture that took over my last house.

I had been thinking of getting a west cork rebel movement started alright.  Anyone else out near clonakilty or dunmanway that would like to try a meet up/tasting session/ brewday or whatever?  Please get in touch and we can try to organise something.

It would be great to get the whole club together for something this year. The brewday/bbq in kinsale was great fun but it happened so organically that it would be hard to replicate. One idea that crossed my mind was something like a daytrip to killarney. Maybe meet up with the kerry lads for pints or even a small friendly interclub competition like the wee county/royal brewers thing last year. 
Of course as John said the biggest problem is we're all so spread out in cork it can be hard to get to meets let alone organise  daytrips and comps, so might be better to start small

Getting to this a bit late, but thought I'd mention that I'm just outside Clonakilty...just getting back to brewing after a couple of years' break (children and plenty of house moves).

Many others from West Cork on here?

FlimFlamFlo

Getting to this even later, but I'm also in West Cork - just left Clon for Bantry, so sounds like I'm a bit further out than others. Would definitely be interested in meetup/brews though :-)