• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 01:28:08 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

best kits today?

Started by danger_zone, November 28, 2017, 09:29:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

danger_zone

A friend of mine is interested in homebrewing and is starting with the kits but its been years since I've done a kit and wouldn't know which ones to recommend. Any thoughts on the best range of kits out there?
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

oconn

for English styles the St peters are good. red/ipa/stout all close to the real deal.
for us ones the Youngs american series produce very good beer.

Ceedee

I've had very good results from the Festival kits. I've done their Razorback IPA twice and the Golden Summer Ale once.

itsclinto

I got colm the youngs ipa where I think there was a dry hop aswell. Very tasty. Can't say anything about the others

Sent from my ONE E1003 using Tapatalk

danger_zone

fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

willk

As a rank newbie, I can confirm that the St. Peter's Cream Stout kit is very simple and the results were surprisingly good - drinking early too.  It is a smaller volume than some kits - 36 pints IIRC?

Bzfeale80

For basic budget beginners any of the coopers kits are good. Read the tips about kit beer on the forum. Pay particular attention to sanitation and temperature at which you pitch the yeast. Try have a stable fermentation temperature if possible preferably at lower range of yeast