• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 04:12:17 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Cancellation of National Brewing Championships 2020

Started by Kellie, March 24, 2020, 07:49:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kellie

It is with a heavy heart I am writing this message.  :(

The NHC competition committee have assessed the current situation and reviewed the government's latest projections around Covid-19. We feel it is not feasible to realistically think we will be able to re arrange this event in the next few weeks. To be fair to everyone who has brewed, thinking about styles and time lines for beers we have had to make the decision to CANCEL this year's National Brewing Championships event.
This is both respecting Government guidelines and considering the welfare of our volunteer judges, stewards, organiser, other staff and participants. Taking all this in to account we concluded that it is neither responsible nor possible to hold the event.

I have to thank everyone who have been involved so far and all the hard work that has been going on in the background. This is a situation that no one could have foreseen.
Thank you to The Porterhouse Brewing Company for working with us as a host venue and to Dean McGuinness who provides us the space to sort out the entries for the competition and who is currently holding the entries for us. (This is for another days discussion!)

We have looked into reimbursement for entries and for refund information we are asking people to email us at refunds@nationalhomebrewclub.ie including your Transaction ID from your original PayPal payment this will enable us to track your payment and reimburse. The reason we are asking you to email us this way is because of a change in PayPal's protocols and having transaction ID's will enable us to find the payments easier. Please bear in mind we will work as quickly and swiftly as possible however there might be a delay but we will endeavour to refund everyone who emails us.

Take Care and Stay Safe!

Quiet_Man

Sebastian

Hi, I wasn't around for some time. Where can I apply for a refund? Email does not longer work. Thanks

Partridge9

There is a time limit on the refunds in paypal - but please let us know the paypal transacton ID and we will just credit you with the ammount. You will have the paypal transaction ID in your email and in your email account

Please send it on via PM

Thanks

James