• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:40:41 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

brewday with a difference 15th June

Started by brenmurph, June 10, 2013, 11:13:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

brenmurph

Another brewday planned subject to enough interest ;D. As its summer I wont be dedicating a weekend to brewing on my own as I do that during the week anyway.

Launching the new garden, polytunnel, kegerator and bar at this one.
Loads of gismos and gadgets to observe, hopefully the new mash gadgetry will be up and running , however the kegerator is worth seeing; it is  purpose built for 6 kegs, keeps perfect temp on both sides, (2c for lagering while keeping serving beer at either 8 or 11 c)  cost of this kegerator was less that 100 euros and is very compact. Every homebrewer should have one :D

Keeping it simple this time and planning a modded kit of English mild from the MYOB range which is a great kit and has been my house ale all this year. Not much modification needed but I generally use some DANA hops boiled 2 mins as an extra and dry hop with something nice even a saaz in a hop ball when kegging.  Other beer planned is a spruce beer from my own spruce tree, this simple recipe is fresh spruce glucose ginger and some malt extract or a basic cheap lager kit.
I want to focus and emphasise hygeine / sanitation on the brewday and have compiled a list of must do's that I will go through on the demo of the kit, which is a 30-40 minute process.

As usual good food, music and banter assured. Bring a homebrew or two to taste test and if none on grab a good unusual beer from the offy.

As its summer if u have a campervan or tent come along as we have outdoor facilities second to none (toilets, showers, water and lecky for visitors) and a lovely garden to chill in and migrate to polytunnel if weather isnt nice

whoever is interested  please let me know.

JD

I've a prior commitment that weekend, Brendan, so it's unlikely I'll be able to get to it. Hope it goes well.
/JD

brenmurph

Quote from: JD on June 10, 2013, 01:49:40 PM
I've a prior commitment that weekend, Brendan, so it's unlikely I'll be able to get to it. Hope it goes well.
/JD

no worries ...theyrll b a next one

Bubbles

Quote from: Il Tubo on June 10, 2013, 04:37:29 PM
Mother-in-law's birthday that day so I'll be doing some fine dining in Dungarvan on the day.

Tannery? Nice.

Regardless, if you're dining anwhere in Dungarvan I'd imagine you're going to have some nice craft beer on the menu.

GrahamR

Won't make this I'm afraid, heading to town that day to pick up my wedding rings. Will then hit up farringtons and atg afterward
Lifes Too Short To Not Make Beer

Fermenter 1 - Turquoise Lunar Showing

Fermenter 2 - Vitalift Cider

Brew_Diva

Hi Brendan.
Michelle here, finally got onto the forum.
Did my first all grain brew yesterday at TOG with Padraic and the lads... a Pale Ale with Cascade 60, Citra 15 and Cascade 0. James (Keane) popped in and very kindly calculated the IBU for me on his phone, also providing some nice TOGbrewed beers for us to enjoy in the sun
Grains were Maris Otter Pale Malt and Crystal Malt.
Am quite happy with it now, was very educational and informative as well as a fun day and the bucket is happily working away now under the stairs, ready to be bottled in 4 weeks or so.

Your new amenities all sound wonderful, and the brew day on Saturday too, sounds like loads of interesting stuff going on. Would be particularly interested in the spruce beer you mentioned, sounds very inventive and creative!!
I'm hoping to be able to make it down, the only thing that would get in the way is there are some relatives and family friends coming around for the Bloomsday celebrations this weekend, which might be confined to Sunday only, and if this is the case I'll do my best to be there on Sat

Will let you know asap anyway. Hope you've enjoyed the awesome Irish summer, that'll do me now for the year  8)

brenmurph

Quote from: Brew_Diva on June 10, 2013, 09:20:44 PM
Hi Brendan.
Michelle here, finally got onto the forum.

and very welcome you are to the forum! glad u enjoyed you TOG adventures!

hope u can make it...goind ahead subject to enough interested brewfans ;) and dont forget the brew days are not strictly limited to members, bring a friend and introduce some newbies to the world of brewing :)

Brew_Diva

Sure thing, a good few friends having heard of my adventures  :) are now interested in coming to brewing and tasting sessions so will extend the invitation and sure maybe sum1 will be up for coming along on Sat. Cheers !

brenmurph

Just a reminder re tomorrows meet up.
All welcome over to enjoy all things beer. Beginner or advanced, does not matter as theres something for everybody.

Great day assured if you are into brewing and craft beer.

remember Green bus from Luas RED cow right down to the venue near Kildare Village ONLY 5 EUROS...
Green bus from Portlaoise to Kildare village ONLY 5 EUROS