• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 07:41:15 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Re: 500% increase in new posts

Started by Will_D, January 10, 2013, 12:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

QuoteI have a feeling that this section will see a huge boost in recipes from February 16th once all of the competition entries are inĀ  ;D

I think this thread needs a bit of moderation! Afterall the title is "Best Recipes" so at most I would see the 8 category winners being posted here.

May be the runners up but this thread should be fairly small and just contain the outstanding recipes from the NHC and no chatty follow ups.

Can someone take on this mod-ship?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

LordEoin

fine fine, i tried to delete the thread, but it wil only delete the post. mods feel free..

Partridge9

I moved a 'chat' type thread to the brewing chat section.

Will_D

Thanks James.

Personnaly I would like to see 3 forums:

Brewing Chat: Were people post recipes they have done or about to do and people comment and discuss. ( This exists )

Best Recipes: Should be reserved for the Creme de la Creme of the NHC brews - Competion winners, BOS etc ( Also exists )

New Forum:
Recipes: This is for recipes only. It is sub-divided into the various styles we brew and there are the published recipes without long threads of comments and hijacks.

AG/Kit/Extract would all be published here.

The thread title would be:

Recipe: AG: Bog Bolter Stout

This would be the place for people to go to find all sorts of recipes without having to post "anyone got a recipe for ...?"

It would obviously a good ide to attach the .xml file from your brew software if you use them

It would help if it was not so much moderated but kept clean and tidy!

What do you all think?

Will_D

January 12, 2013, 02:14:56 PM #4 Last Edit: January 12, 2013, 02:16:19 PM by Will_D
QuoteWill, we have 6 brewing related forums already! Too many forums leads to too much fragmentation...

Exactly! That is why people post recipe requests here there and everywhere!

They can't or won't search 6 threads for a recipe that may not be there.

Remeber I am talking purely recipes here not the various forums about brew days/kits/extracts etc.

Why not have 1 just for recipes and still keep the "Creme dela Creme" prize winners which gives massive Kudos to those people who have achieved "Best Recipe" Status?

Anybody else like to chip in on this?

Partridge9

Another way might be to have a

recipes and brew days section

and a best recipes section - that only admins can move recipes to.

The idea of the best recipes section was to only have 12 - 15 goto recipes in there - its turned into a 'half decent recipes' section.

I tried to address this before and almost lost my fingers so its one we do need to be sure about !!!

Will_D

I tried to address this before and almost lost my fingers so its one we do need to be sure about !!!

The silence after my last post was deafenning

Ciderhead

Can we not have a section on the front page in wikis for Wills award winning recipes  ;)

Partridge9

We were going to have a section on recipes on the front page - but I think that's a little different - that more recipe articles.

Its one we can mull over at the next committee meeting perhaps. Personally - I'll go with what the group decides - we just need to decide