• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 10:40:42 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Photo Tour of South Kildare Brewers facility

Started by brenmurph, August 26, 2013, 11:27:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciderhead

and all you were doing was showing us a few pictures :D

I did my first herms yesterday with a little solar pump and it was the cats pyjamas, crystal clear wort, improved efficiency , stepped mash up sparged at elevated, tbh it looks complicated but brings so much to the party in terms of control of mash temp.
Its all Dempseys fault, he got me started

brenmurph

Quote from: Ciderhead on August 26, 2013, 02:37:11 PM

I did my first herms yesterday with a little solar pump and it was the cats pyjamas, crystal clear wort, improved efficiency , stepped mash up sparged at elevated, tbh it looks complicated but brings so much to the party in terms of control of mash temp.

Totally agree CH.

My last few mashes were so clean smooth uncomplicated, 80-82% efficiency and wort so clear... I think the efficiency is down to the pump / circulation....  its worth seeing it in action...hence my brewdays... thats what they are for...as well as drinking some nice beer ;D
I experiment a lot with equipment and so on..

My current mash setup is how im going to continue....albeit a professional pump electrics enclosure :)  also Im using BIAB with my pumped system

johnrm

Another way to resize pics...
Create temp folder on desktop.
Select pics to resize.
Right click and select Send to Email or Email.
Say yes to resize.
Copy email attachments to temp folder.
Close mail.
Resized pics are now in temp folder.

brenmurph

Weather forecast lookin good, so get ove rto Kildare brewday/ beer tastin, and camping / sleeping for those who want to chill over a campfire

ColinC

Quote from: brenmurph on August 26, 2013, 01:54:05 PM

5 it looks like a bomb hit it but I assure u its safe and reliable with the lid on tight :)
??? ???

brenmurph

Colin.. dont worry ye wont get electrocuted on the next brewday here. I have an ELCB and if that fails theres a second one inline!  U wont even get a tiddle when u put ur hand on the tap to draw the wort off ;D

Shanna

Can't wait for the forum article with detailed steps and photos of how you put this all together :)

Shanna

Quote from: Ciderhead on August 26, 2013, 02:37:11 PM

Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Ciderhead

brenmurph

Would be easier if ye all just came down and had a look! saves me a lot of time and effort and its always better in real life...as for the PROTOTYPE 11  mash controller,, in real life u will see that its all very safe, despite what the pics portray....Its only me uses it and when the lid is on everything is concealed..  besides the real deal will be cool, neat and efficient...