• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 02:38:14 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewers brewing in parallel

Started by admin, October 18, 2012, 02:56:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Had an idea. I was speaking to Rossa last night and he's going doing a Bock soon with the WLP820 from MAF and some Munich malt. And as it so happens I also want to do a Bock.

So I was thinking, why not devise a recipe, people can brew it, and we can compare notes and tastings a month or two later when it's ready.

A bit like the IHP 2012 thing, only a bit less serious, and organised through here.

So who's up for it?

Jacob

Pick anything that wont require lagering and I'm in.
Unless you'll decide to brew something boring...

Padraic

I'm with Jacob, no lagering for me!

It might be a nice idea as a tasting night, every one to bring along a bottle and taste them side by side!

Spud395

+3 lager  ::)

I've though about the concept before, it would make for an interesting side by side.

Would there be room at the NHC competition for a fun event to keep brewers interest when the final judgeing is on going?
Non modo......sed etiam

nigel_c

Spud395

I propose something that most people brew anyway. Pale ale or stout/porter. Keep the recipe simple, it'll be interesting to see the variations
Non modo......sed etiam

Padraic

I have around 500g of cascade so that sounds god :)

DEMPSEY

You list brewhouse efficiency as 75%. Is that your own level or are you just quoting it as an example.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

MAF

I think using 'Yeast of your choice' would add a huge variable. my next few brews are already planned, but would like to try a parallel brew in the future.

Padraic

QuoteHow about we try make a National Homebrew Day ?

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/events/national-homebrew-day

That is a great call Rossa! I think it deserves a topic of it's own!

Rossa

October 22, 2012, 05:38:23 PM #12 Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 05:39:34 PM by Ronaldo
QuoteHow about we try make a National Homebrew Day ?

http://www.homebrewersassociation.org/pages/events/national-homebrew-day

That is a great call Rossa! I think it deserves a topic of it's own!

I'm all about the crazy ideas! We can use the hashtag #NHBRewday or something like that.

Will_D

October 22, 2012, 09:04:39 PM #13 Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:06:42 PM by Will_D
I like the sound of this:

Pick a holiday weekend Saturday in say April/May ( when maybe the weather is OK ).

Get a brew or two on the go: either AG/Extrcat/Kit/WHY and invite some friends around to watch/learn/help

After the brew:

BBQ with lots of your HB plus anything the visitors can bring.

And IF someone just happend to have a charity collection tin for a worthwhile charity ( and I DON'T mean the "Old retired brewers care home"  ) like cancer/children/rape crisis then why not?

Before the legal-eagle wingers start about the legality of this:  We keep this last bit quiet OK?

Unless an informed legal-eagle can advise us?

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Jacob

October 22, 2012, 09:40:54 PM #14 Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 09:45:27 PM by Jacob
There will be a change to brew together even sooner.
Don't forget about the International Home Brew Project in February.
Brewed their recipe this year and going to do same in 2013.