• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 01:35:07 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Kildare brewers, last call cask ale weekend. Attendees in for a mega treat

Started by brenmurph, May 16, 2014, 05:59:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DEMPSEY

Ye also had the weather for it as well. Your like Dolly  Parton's children, lucky suckers :D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Kellie

Wow...........what a great day/night we had............Brilliant to spend time with everyone, lads/lasses and children what fun we had! I have just come back in to the land of the normal and Brendan is busy brewing with Keith to replenish the stocks, cause yis certainly know how to drink!!  :) ::)

Thank you to all who attended and contributed really appreciate it.

All i can say is when are we doing it all again???  ;)

John

Thanks Bren and Kellie for the hospitality it was a super weekend. Everything was just right, good company, good food, good beer and even the weather made a contribution to proceedings. There's no doubt that you guys put a lot of work in to ensure that everything went as smoothly and enjoyably as it did, it's much appreciated. 

Beerbuddha

We came ..we partied ..we drank the place dry  :D
Role on the next one it was an amazing day, thanks again Kellie and Bren for great get together. It was good to put some faces to forum names aswell. Allot of empty kegs to fill Bren a labour of love.
IBD Member

brenmurph

May 19, 2014, 07:16:23 PM #20 Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 08:55:42 PM by brenmurph
Quote from: B.B. on May 19, 2014, 12:17:12 PM
We came ..we partied ..we drank the place dry  :D

Yis Fruckers...yis did...we were just about to call in the crisis management team from the Red Cross as there is a Beer Famine in South Kildare.
Luckily yis didnt drink the 4 barrels  fermenting beer that I made last week in anticipation of the crises......but ys drank everything else...so just to recap  :o

1/2 Corny of Porter with a twist
1/2 Corny of chocolate stout
1/2 corny of partriges weiss
1/2 tall corny (23litre corny) of 6 month old lager
1/2 corny of fruity ale with a tart
9 gallons of cask ale (TOOK YIS UCKERS only 4 hours to dispose of that, Phil the chef got the last pint at 5 o clock)
12 x 750 ml bottles of various lagers
1/2 corny of the Yakima experimental
The last 4 Gold medal scottish shilling (winner of Irish and scottish ale category)

1/2 bottle whiskey
5 bottles wine

and folks...that was in addition to all the stuff yis bough yorselves......I have contacted the Chief medical officer this morning for some help with yer issues

Food....Ill keep it simple

30kg of meat (thats nearly a kilo each...best get yor cholesterol checked soon)
10 kg of bread
20 kg of curries
30+ packets of chips/crisps/tortillas
20 kg of vegetables, beans and peas (2 kg in the beetroot beer ;)

If we could measure the beer banter fumes it would be mega
if we could measure the fun it would be off the scale as well

Thanks to all our guests (40 ish), great respect shown, great comradery cleaning up at 10am tsunday and no fights, drunkiness or damage done to the place...just one broken glass and Kellie broke that I think ::)  Dublin ladies have a whale of a time and made another winning beer ;) 8) well fingers crossed :) and went home happy...very happy...overnighters chilled till well into the AM around the campfire and untill there was LITERALLY no beer left  :o

All the fab food contributions and the fantastic range  world craft  beers that appeared here on saturday at our best and biggest all things beer weekend...

Overall impression........a classic example of how good a beer meetup can really be..roll on the next one...oh and PS I may be looking to central funds when my esb bill arives next month :) ;) :D ;D

Shanna

Sounds like a blast, unfortunately was not able to attend but would love to attend the next one when ever that is.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

johnrm

Actually, I found a bottle of Molson Canadian that nobody wanted to drink... ;)

brenmurph

johnrm

Correct, I'm sure our Isle of Man friends left this to test us. We passed!

Shane Phelan

Coming from someone in a tiny apartment, I loved the big campfire. :)
Brew Log

beerfly

got an odd look or two on the bus, only realised how smokey i still smelled when i got home  :P