• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 04:23:27 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

TOG Brewday - Saturday 12th July

Started by Shane Phelan, June 28, 2014, 07:44:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beerfly

a slant will keep for a long time in the fridge, looking about a year timeframe.  but you do need to do a 2 - 3 step starter with it so will need to be able to do 10ml/100ml/1l starters.
Just used it in a brew yesterday so should be able to pull off some slurry fri/sat if thats more useful

winstonia

Hey got a PM from someone on boards about this site so decided to join, would it ok to pop down and ask loads of questions sanz a beer?

Shane Phelan

Yup! By all means drop in, doesn't matter if you don't have any beer with you.  We usually start on time so we would be mashing in not long after 10.30.
Brew Log

Hingo

Quote from: beerfly on July 07, 2014, 01:57:28 PM
a slant will keep for a long time in the fridge, looking about a year timeframe.  but you do need to do a 2 - 3 step starter with it so will need to be able to do 10ml/100ml/1l starters.
Just used it in a brew yesterday so should be able to pull off some slurry fri/sat if thats more useful
Ah the slant will do the job, the starters will give me something to do during the week before a brew day

Cheers Ciaran btw

CARA

I'm up for the weekend so I'll pop in and show my face, be nice to see you all!
Upa Sesh

beerfly

also need to decide the next meetup, it's going to be affected by garthgate, so would either be on tue 22nd or wed 30th (views on other days welcome too)
anyone not going to be at tog can send me a message about it between now and the weekend

Shane Phelan

Put up more info about the brewday on the TOG website also so there might be a few members around checking out the brewing.
Brew Log

phoenix

Ronan could you bring your water testing stuff along please?
Ciaran

beerfly

yea i'll have it
since shiny is bringing the imperial porter i'll bring something else, have something i was considering entering into one of the upcoming comps. 

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I'll be along with a friend new to homebrew whom I imagine will join Capital brewers.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

brenmurph

Beerfly is dere parkin dere  at tog?

beerfly

up to two cars can fit inside the gate

Shane Phelan

I will be taking one of those spaces.  ;) Milling grain as we speak.
Brew Log

brenmurph

Well if dere was parkin i was goin to drive wit a keg of beer in de boot :)

Shane Phelan

Awesome! :o Generally no one tries to take the 2nd space until after lunch.
Brew Log