• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 02:35:54 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Best wine kit to be drunk at Xmas?

Started by SOS_OPA, November 06, 2014, 02:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SOS_OPA

Hi all,
as is my wont I started to think about my Xmas brew(s) coming up to Halloween, and it occurred to me that I might try wine this year. However, it seems from the little bit of reading that I have done that I'm starting a bit late. I like the sound of the Sadler's Reserve 28-day Cab Sauv kit (thanks LordEoin for the review) but I would barely have it in the bottle by the holidays and I understand it would need a few weeks if not months to mature before doing itself justice.

Can anyone give me an opinion on whether it would be even drinkable at Xmas, or alternatively recommend a red wine kit which would be better in 6 weeks time, even if not as good over a longer period?

Hope my query makes sense!

Many thanks,

SOS

molc

I think Lord Eoin did the Shiraz no? I actually have the Cab Sauv done since August. It's still very tannic at this point, so I doubt it'll be ready for XMAS, which was also my plan, unless that's just how the kit tastes...
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

SOS_OPA

Ha! That didn't come out quite right  :-[  ;D

@geterbrewed

The Sadlers Reserve Cabernet Sauvignon is my favourite, it is very drinkable after bottling, I rarely gets to much time to condition at our place; http://geterbrewed.ie/sadlers-reserve-wine-kits-30-bottle/

Get 'er Brewed

Join the Revolution.

www.geterbrewed.ie