• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:57:37 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

No Spoons for us

Started by Will_D, December 11, 2014, 10:36:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Will_D

Word is Spoons are not going ahead with the Boro - listed building and all that!

They are just going to sit on it afaik :(
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Greg2013

I am genuinely sorry to hear that Will as i would have loved to see some of the less well known UK ales come on tap here.I think JDW is waiting to see what will happen re heineken first though although truth be known if Heinken and the like don't meet them at least half way that could be it for more JDW pubs here,then again maybe that is what they were hoping for ? ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

irish_goat

Surely listed status isn't a problem? They must own loads in the UK that are listed buildings anyway.

mcgrath

I don't like that they took over a pub with working staff then pull out. Maybe not as simple as that but doesn't sound fair to them!

Greg2013

Quote from: mcgrath on December 11, 2014, 11:34:22 AM
I don't like that they took over a pub with working staff then pull out. Maybe not as simple as that but doesn't sound fair to them!

I am telling ya guys it's all over the Heineken debacle atm,that's the only reason,they are using the prospect of them abandoning the build as a bargaining chip in the hopes that it will force someone somewhere to have a chat with Heineken sort of thing,anyway that is what i reckon. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

nigel_c

Shame. Going by the look of the outsid of the building and the grounds they are letting it go. It's starting to look well tatty. It's the old oro at the moment.