• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:48:34 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

More brewing demos

Started by admin, December 26, 2012, 11:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Lads, was thinking about this, and so as not to burn anyone out, and to keep it simple, why don't we do a brewing demo in TOG once a month, one style, and given by one member (and maybe an assistant).

I would have no problem doing a demo, and by spreading the load we could get one in every month.

I also hope to get some brewing demos or collective brewing going in Lucan/Leixlip area but that's for another day.

Padraic

I like this idea but I think once a month is too often, maybe once a quarter. It might be good as part of a brewday, i.e. one person doing a demo and a few others doing their own thing!

Or we could just do a few brews during a day and have one of the brewers designated as the demo brewer on the day?

Will_D

IIRC:

A tasting of the 3 brews we brewed  :) :) :)

So that could be a day to talk about bottlin and kegging and maybe do a single brew

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Padraic

QuoteOk, well have we anything planned for TOG for January?

I'm going to have a chat with them about it when I'm back in Dublin but we should have something on during January. I'm hoping that we can organise it as a monthly thing (something like last saturday of every month) so taht we can have it in the calendar and everyone can organise their holidays around the brew days! :)

JimmyM

a number of equipment demo suggestions have cropped up lately.
kegging
keg/boiler conversions
hopper and base for crankenstein mills
chillers

these are prob the type of things to be doing between brews. and drilling classes for padraic
btw Padraic when are u back in dublin? ive dub central hops.
Formerly JamesM.

Mike

Quotea number of equipment demo suggestions have cropped up lately.
kegging
keg/boiler conversions
chillers

These would be great demos

Padraic

Quotea number of equipment demo suggestions have cropped up lately.
kegging
keg/boiler conversions
chillers

these are prob the type of things to be doing between brews. and drilling classes for padraic
btw Padraic when are u back in dublin? ive dub central hops.

I'm back in dublin now, do you also have my vac packer or does tube still have that?

Yea it would be great to have a few equipment demo's alright! They could fit into an after work for a few hours format easily enough.

I'll hopefully be chatting to Tog about getting regular use of the space in the very near future. I'll keep ye all posted!