• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 03:29:36 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Brewday Capital Brewers

Started by IsMise, December 08, 2012, 07:45:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IsMise

First Brewday - Gotta say it was a great day..big THANK YOU to Capital Brewers for organising this event, Padraic, Declan, James, etc., great to put faces to the names, but even better to see the different styles of brewing first-hand, Declan with the kit, James with the extract, and Rossa with the AG, thank you lads. Seeing the process and methods explained, top class! Tasting the beers that were brought along was another bonus, delish... (could convert non-beleivers to AG) ;D but the sharing of knowledge (and lack of), experiences, and connections, developing the networks.. all made for a fantastic day. Thanks due to TOG also for their premises...
Hope the Liffey brewers and other groups can match this!

Is Mise,

pk

Thanks for today gents. It was great to see a demo of the extract and all grain, takes some of the mystery out of it. Now to buy a boiler!
Paul

Partridge9

Really enjoyed it -

Next time - id make it less tech-y - more for begineers - great experience - like to do it a few times a year -

we have to keep converting the non-believers !

pk

The ingredients today for the extract, can you get all of it from homebrewwest or the Homebrew company?
Paul

Will_D

Big Plus One on the day out great day for both clubs.

I have put up the (low-rees) photos on my flckr site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrfc_photos/sets/72157632202112768/

I have also sent the "Best Shots" (for press release type puposes) to Tube who will forward them to TOG

NJoy

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Partridge9

Great Pics Will - maybe the batteries werent too bad after all !!

Rossa

Very enjoyable day. Lets hope we converted a few people :)

Bubbles

Big thanks to the organisers, I really enjoyed the day and was sorry I had to leave a little early.

Plenty more demos and brew days in the future hopefully.

Conor.

Shanna

Hi Shane,

Special mention to Thomas for sorting my hot water out, to out for helping me get stuff cleaned and moved, to James for the star san and hop bag and star san and last but not least to Brian for the lift with the fermenter to my car.

Had a great day, tasted some embarrassingly good beers (relative to my own efforts) ands made another few contacts.

Declan
QuoteI second all the above. Great day out for Capital Brewers, TOG, the NHC, and homebrew!

Well done to everyone involved, and well done to the lads that weren't technically involved but lent a hand when needed.
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Will_D

The flickr stats:

Yesterday 721 photo views
Today sofar 1131 photos were viewed

Way to go !!

Will

JimmyM

Sounds like it was a great day - I intended to go and knew i was going to be late but it just got later and later and the day had passed me by.
I was mostly looking forward to the pints afterwards :(
Formerly JamesM.

Padraic

QuoteBig Plus One on the day out great day for both clubs.

I have put up the (low-rees) photos on my flckr site:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/mrfc_photos/sets/72157632202112768/

I have also sent the "Best Shots" (for press release type puposes) to Tube who will forward them to TOG

NJoy

Will

Cheers for the pictures Will, they look great.

I'm disappointed with how the Capital Brewers roadsign tshirts didn't come through very well in the pictures!

It's the light blue and white that sort of blend in together unfortunately! (In real life the tshirts look great!)

Will_D

I'm amazed no-one has updated the front page of the club yet!

Padraic

QuoteI'm amazed no-one has updated the front page of the club yet!

I'm not really sure who wants to do it? Do you want to do something Will?

I'm all for a volunteer who was there on the day penning a few words! If no one volunteers I could throw something up this evening!

Padraic