• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 07:03:53 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEoin

QuoteWe're not running this, we are only facilitating. As are Speidel.
If you're only facilitating it, and speidel are only facilitating it. Who's actually running it?

Greg2013

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on April 23, 2015, 10:55:07 AM
Quote from: irish_goat on April 23, 2015, 10:33:38 AM
Are these any different from the Youngs auto-syphons?
Similar, but better quality in our opinion. The tubing with the Youngs ones is usually kinked and this hinders flow. The Craft range ones have an elbow and the tube is not kinked.

Basically they are the same as the previous syphons been sold through HBS here,a replacement for the one below ?

http://www.homebrewwest.ie/automatic-syphon-23-litre--17-m-tubing-125-p.asp

I am only asking to see if there is any significant difference between these and the one i had,can't see any difference atm. However the price atm is good HBW so well done on that. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: LordEoin on May 01, 2015, 12:38:50 PM
QuoteWe're not running this, we are only facilitating. As are Speidel.
If you're only facilitating it, and speidel are only facilitating it. Who's actually running it?
The person hosting the event is a publican in North County Galway who has installed a 200 litre Speidel, and has first hand experience of the process. Its because of all the issues that he ran into, that we decided it would be a good idea to run this course.

We are meeting this weekend to firm up final details like accommodation etc. and I'll post these next week. The problem is that places are going fast and I wanted to give NHC and Beoir members the opportunity to book the 30th June course (the only one this year that Speidel will attend).
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

Will_D

Whats up with the white labs yeasts

All are OOS!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Jacob

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: Jacob on May 05, 2015, 10:46:32 AM
Also whats up with starsan?
Will, we will get White Labs in over the next week or so.

We have never been out of 118 ml and 236 ml StarSan; see here:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/five-star-chemicals-for-professionals-and-serious-homebrewers-316-c.asp

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

Jacob

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on May 05, 2015, 11:19:40 AM
My mistake, should be more specific :P
Whats up with Starsan HB 946 ml? :)

HomeBrewWest

Not much demand for it from homebrewers. I might have a couple of them floating about. Let me have a look and I'll get back to you.

ronniedeb

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on May 05, 2015, 11:47:38 AM
Not much demand for it from homebrewers. I might have a couple of them floating about. Let me have a look and I'll get back to you.

I've been into the shop in Lisbaun looking for this twice in the last couple months  Both times you were all out. If you have any more I'll take one as well. Thanks

HomeBrewWest

Can now be booked, but not many places left for June 30th, the only one where Speidel will be presenting:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/setting-up-a-small-brewery-1-day-course-tuesday-30th-june-2015-5022-p.asp

There are 30 places, but about 12 are already gone through word of mouth. It will be advertised shortly and we expect the remaining places to be snapped up then.

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: Jacob on May 05, 2015, 11:38:55 AM
Quote from: HomeBrewWest on May 05, 2015, 11:19:40 AM
My mistake, should be more specific :P
Whats up with Starsan HB 946 ml? :)
OK, we also had 3.78 litres, but not on the web site. They are now:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/five-star-chemicals-for-professionals-and-serious-homebrewers-316-c.asp

So we have Starsan 3.78 litres, 118 ml, and 236 ml in stock. Others on order.

HomeBrewWest

May 07, 2015, 03:50:16 PM #26 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:05:19 PM by LordEoin
We've just stocked the new MasterPint 1.6 Kg Beer Kits at better than UK pricing:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/masterpint-16-kg-beer-kits-392-c.asp

To promote them before we supply the other stores, we have a limited number at ridiculous prices in our Weekly Specials section here:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/this-weeks-specials-386-c.asp

We place limited numbers of promo products in here, and once they are sold we take them out.

Frequent Sequence

Did the bulldog maltmills ever land? I  prebooked and selected shop pickup. Never got an update or email to say they were stocked.

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: Frequent Sequence on May 10, 2015, 03:18:32 AM
Did the bulldog maltmills ever land? I  prebooked and selected shop pickup. Never got an update or email to say they were stocked.
Sure, we have lots of them. Arrived ages ago.

HomeBrewWest

May 13, 2015, 08:09:08 PM #29 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:05:24 PM by LordEoin
We are trying to get our NI customers to shop here instead of the UK and will use our £ GBP site to do this:
http://www.brewsmarter.co.uk/

So we want to use our UK £ web site to target NI customers. Pricing is broadly in line with HomeBrewWest, so customers down here should use HBW (Euros) and NI customers should use BrewSmarter (£ GBP). The reason for this is that your credit card company will charge you an extra 3% approx for currency conversion (they use a rate that is about 3% off the interbank rate).

As a promo, shipping to NI is just £1.45, and free over £65. Pricing is among the best in the UK, especially for Cantina and Australian Blend wine kits, and many other products. And we will match or beat any UK price if we possibly can.

However, the BrewSmarter site has only a few hundred products compared to well over 3000 on HomeBrewWest.

So we are appealing to NI brewers to let us know which products you would like to see on our GBP website. Please post requests here, or PM me.