• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:10:19 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

American bittering hops.

Started by Brewer Gerard, May 21, 2015, 01:18:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brewer Gerard

Is anybody growing CTZ , chinook or nugget or some such. I can trade cascade, challenger, or willamette. ?Living in SE and working in Dublin. Oh and on the off chance somebody has a centennial plant out there i'll happily pay for a bine cutting.

Taf

I have a chinook plant that I picked up in the US a couple of years ago, but it's a bit neglected, as has been left in a pot. I will plant it out shortly, and should have some spare rhizomes next year.

shanek

I have cenntential (2 years in) - which is being a bit neglected at the moment (new arrival).
I'll pop out tomorrow and have a look at how it's doing and get back to you.
S

Brewer Gerard

Sorry for delay fellas. I've pm'd both of you

imark

@shanek how is the centennial plant doing in our climate? Any pics?

shanek

Quote from: imark on June 12, 2015, 11:16:02 AM
@shanek how is the centennial plant doing in our climate? Any pics?

It seems to grow fine - it's in a bright sunny spot, definitely smaller and less sturdy than the goldings or cascade. The golding is prolific grower, stand still and it would grow on you. I have a photo taken last week of the centennial it's up at about 6ft. but need to resize the image (can't do it on my phone). I'll post it later / tomorrow.

Brewer Gerard

Big props to Shanek for supplying some cuttings. All three still alive. Easiest plant in the world to propagate from cuttings