• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:23:37 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Congratulations Mr Murphy, IBD Certified Brewer

Started by Leann ull, June 16, 2015, 11:24:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

June 16, 2015, 11:24:00 PM Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 12:07:54 AM by Ciderhead
Well you might not want to blow your own trumpet but I will offer my congratulations         

brenmurph

Well thank you Mr Ciderhead. It was 6 months tuf daily slog and a very difficult course especially wen ibd send 21 workbooks 4 weeks before exam the content of which was far more detailed than what brilliant beer gave us. Last year on the workshops. But i studied hard and passed well in de end. The exam is very tricky and pass rate is very low as many know the hard way! And at 300 sterling for a resit its best work hard to pass first time.

johnrm

Congrats Bren, delighted to hear that you got it!

Leann ull

DEMPSEY

congrats Brendan. I think Upsidedown andrew has it too.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

brenmurph

Thanks dempsey. I dont know of any others other than one of the northsiders! I know several  unsuccessful thats y i worked so hard to ensure i passed. At 300 retest sterling they dont want everyone passing!

Frequent Sequence

Congrats :)
I've just done the brilliant beer course in the fran. It went well and I scored very highly in the mock.
Do you think there are any areas that should have more emphasis when comparing the two?

Cheers

Will_D

Well done Bren. THAT explains why you've been off the net for a while!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

irish_goat

brenmurph

@ frequent. Ibd will send 21 workbooks a month before. Its quite detailed and the question pool is vast. Engineering, pumps, filters, pasteurisation, boilers, environment, recycling, h& s and so on. No emphasis on this in brilliant beer course. Half my exam questions were related to engineering versus yeasts malt hop mash and so on. Brilluant beer giv 2 big manuals of equal size. My course focused on manual 1 "brewing and fermentatoion" but please dont ignore "quality and utilities"
Tim says his manuals have enough info to pass the exam...i say yes maybe but the actual ibd coursebooks are an eye opener

brenmurph

Love to hear from others who sat exam / course. There is some controversy over wording of questions and the subjective nature of some e.g. which is best type questions..and also specific numeric e.g. what % oxygen shud b in finished beer .99 .099   .0099 .00099%  who knows the answer without googling?

Beerbuddha

That's two  for kildare brewers !  All going well 3 come August  8)
Well done masher Murphy
IBD Member

brenmurph

StuF

Well done Bren! That's a nice one to hang in your brewery.