• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 20, 2024, 11:40:06 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

www.custombiab.com up and running.

Started by Eoin, June 12, 2013, 09:52:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eoin

So the wife has reopened the BIAB bag business on a limited basis.
She'll sell up to 4 work slots at a time, a slot can have up to two BIAB bags and two hop bags.
She would just like to limit the work that is in front of her at any time and this will remain so for a while at least.

www.custombiab.com

Billythegypsy

What dimensions would you recommend for a keggle?

I'm assuming all kegs are the same dimensions, so if I'm wrong feel free t call me an eejit!

Eoin

June 12, 2013, 01:16:23 PM #2 Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 01:50:54 PM by Eoin
Oooh yeah, that would be cool if you're down for it.

I want to document a brew day using mine for the website, I just need to get actively brewing again.

@BillyThegypsy - I think I remember you from boards years back when I was a mod ;)
Keggles are standard size the wife knows them already. If you tell her keggle she'll know.

Was it billythesquid on boards?

Billythegypsy

@Eoin

That's great, I'll sign up for one now. Back in the day I was Dancing_Priest on boards. Haven't been on there in yonks though!

Eoin

Quote from: Il Tubo on June 12, 2013, 02:54:36 PM
Quote from: Eoin on June 12, 2013, 01:16:23 PM
Oooh yeah, that would be cool if you're down for it.

Do is an an informational, not as an advertisement, and I think no-one would object.

But more seriously, you were a mod on boards!  ???

Yep, I was a mod of food and drink about 6-7 years back. It became too much like a full time job so I just dropped out.

Eoin

Billy, the wife has just moaned at me for someone putting in keggle, saying they are not all the same.

I had this out with her before....but I'd ask you anyway to put in the measurements thanks.
(we actually had keggle as a measurement before but anyway.)

Eoin.

Billythegypsy

I haven't even cut the lid off the fecking thing yet!

I'll measure the diameter when I get home. But as for depth I'm not sure. I'll be using two kettle elements and a false bottom.

Since this will be the first part of the project I could work the height of the false bottom off the depth of the bag.

Eoin

Quote from: Billythegypsy on June 12, 2013, 04:55:06 PM

I'll measure the diameter when I get home. But as for depth I'm not sure. I'll be using two kettle elements and a false bottom.

Since this will be the first part of the project I could work the height of the false bottom off the depth of the bag.

Ok so it's a standard 50l guinness style beer keg? You're going to leave the handles on and just put in a false bottom?
The line is not so important for you if the elements are below the false bottom, which way will you do that?

Ciderhead

welcome back and dont forget some of us are looking for a strap mechanism to carry our carboys, Cara in particular ;)

Billythegypsy

Quote from: Eoin on June 12, 2013, 04:58:30 PM

Ok so it's a standard 50l guinness style beer keg? You're going to leave the handles on and just put in a false bottom?
The line is not so important for you if the elements are below the false bottom, which way will you do that?

Yes, its a Guinness keg. I'll be keeping the handles. I plan to drill one of these type of things to use as a false bottom.; http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/10236069/

The elements will be as low down as possible, with the false bottom as close to them as possible.

I plan on using a bottom drain.

Eoin

Quote from: Billythegypsy on June 12, 2013, 07:06:54 PM
Quote from: Eoin on June 12, 2013, 04:58:30 PM

Yes, its a Guinness keg. I'll be keeping the handles. I plan to drill one of these type of things to use as a false bottom.; http://www.ikea.com/ie/en/catalog/products/10236069/

The elements will be as low down as possible, with the false bottom as close to them as possible.

I plan on using a bottom drain.

Get your design finished then come back to me. It's easier and the custom job is then better.