• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 08, 2024, 06:20:11 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Co2 regulator

Started by revel_and_chaff, October 16, 2015, 11:48:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ColdTurkey

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00GAXB3HU/ref=oh_aui_i_sh_post_o1_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I just bought this. Hopefully it works out. Dpd are doing a parcel motel job called parcel wizard with first three shipments free. Let you know how I get on

Acott

I've seen that one around, I'm a little apprehensive as it mentioned welding when I googled it...let me know how you get on!

ColdTurkey

So the output gauge measures flow instead of pressure. After reading up on it I'm just going to box it up and send it back. Too much hassle for my first keg job. Went for the one in home brew west instead. Fair sting in the price but I suppose if your going to spend the money it may as well be on the instrument controlling the highly pressurised cylinder in the garage.

Will_D

Quote from: ColdTurkey on December 01, 2015, 11:00:34 PM
So the output gauge measures flow instead of pressure. After reading up on it I'm just going to box it up and send it back.
]
If its got a low pressure gauge (like it has in the picture) then its a low pressure gauge!
This just shows you what pressure you are putting onto a keg.

It is NOT a flow meter!

Flow meters are 4 or 5 inch long vertical tubes with a ball inside. They are calibrated in Litres per Minute for (usually) CO2 or Argon ('coz they are used for mig/tig welding where flow rate is important)

These will measure flow!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

cruiscinlan

Quote from: ColdTurkey on December 01, 2015, 11:00:34 PM
So the output gauge measures flow instead of pressure. After reading up on it I'm just going to box it up and send it back. Too much hassle for my first keg job. Went for the one in home brew west instead. Fair sting in the price but I suppose if your going to spend the money it may as well be on the instrument controlling the highly pressurised cylinder in the garage.

One user here swapped the second gauge out with one of these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131096752597?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=430263541169&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Leann ull

Compressed gas tanks and regs have potential to mutilate and even kill, we shouldn't really encourage messing around with them :(

molc

The one piece of equipment I don't mess with is my regulator. It's connected to a wee bomb, even more so with mixed gas. I treat it nicely, pay its bills and it doesn't start taking any fingers... ;)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

ColdTurkey

First beer kegged last night. Deligted. If anyone wants to take the other reg off of me give me a shout. Thanks for the advice