• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2024, 01:33:27 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Mini Corny Keg

Started by Emot, August 17, 2020, 10:06:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Emot

This might be a long shot but I'm looking for a mini corny keg and would be looking to swap for a full size if anyone has one.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Can't see anyone biting for a swap; in real terms half cornies are more valuable.

nigel_c

Half kegs are about €100 each

Emot

Ah ok, fair enough, I didn't know what the going rate for a 2nd hand half keg was.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Quote from: Emot on August 20, 2020, 04:59:27 PMAh ok, fair enough, I didn't know what the going rate for a 2nd hand half keg was.
It's the same price as a hens tooth - they almost never show up 2nd hand.

You might get lucky with some guy selling out of the hobby, but nobody is going to swap a 100e keg for one that can be sourced for 40e or so.

You can source them for less than £70 on uk sites, and are worth it, if portable beer is important to you (still better value than the growler kegs)

TheSumOfAllBeers

Quote from: Emot on August 20, 2020, 04:59:27 PMAh ok, fair enough, I didn't know what the going rate for a 2nd hand half keg was.

You might get lucky with some guy selling out of the hobby, but nobody is going to swap a 100e keg for one that can be sourced for 40e or so.

You can source them for less than £70 on uk sites, and are worth it, if portable beer is important to you (still better value than the growler kegs)

TheSumOfAllBeers

nigel_c

I have 2 and they are great. One fits perfectly on the hump in my keezer. Great for big beers.