• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 09:41:56 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

45 Litre Mash Tun.

Started by Greg2013, April 25, 2013, 03:10:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Looking to price the above on market here. If any of ye have one this size or bigger for sale let me know. Must contain copper manifold not bazooka screen, also ball valve. Must be ready to go as is nothing to be done. ???
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

johnrm

Greg2013

Simply because i want one ready to go nothing to be done.  I am asking here to give any memebers a shout that may have a decent mash tun that are looking to upgrade first before i get one built for me. I have no way of constructing my own copper manifold and i really prefer those. Cant open that link John sorry.
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Metattron

All you need is a hack saw. A dremel is handier though.
In primary:
In secondary: Wine, Melomel
In keg: Teddy Hopper, Coconut stout, 4 Cs, Buzz bomb, Never Sierra, Bock, OD
In the fridge: Helles Lager, Hob Gob

Greg2013

"Simply because i want one ready to go nothing to be done"  ???

johnrm

.. and don't forget your members discount!

Greg2013

Thanks Rossa. I wonder which is better, the false bottom or a copper manifold? I can get someone to build me one same practically as that with a copper manifold, not sure what brand the cooler is but i know its a big name brand. With shipping and all it would work out the same as that one.

brenmurph

False bottom agree, mine is a 33ltr boiler from homebrew west, an old SS microwave rack and then 2 x mesh filters sits on the Microwave rack creating a 2 inch bottom under the rack. Works a treat since I got the perfectly fitting mesh screens in aldi for about 2.99 (for set of 3) in a garden sieve. Total cost 100 euros

Benefit is my mash tun is also boiler and I have a 1000watt element for mashing and 2500 for boiling. The boiler has two elements believe it or not I just rewired with a switch to seperate the two for the purpose above gentle heat to keep the mash temp correct and fast boil with the two elements goin.

Maybe have a look at a few peoples ones before you decide. Your welcome drop in if ur Kildare way to see my mash setup even tho its only a 33 ltr!

Greg2013

Thanks for that Brenmurph but cant travel. I will ask my m8 if he will consider building the mash tun with a false bottom instead.