• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 02:28:00 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Guinness stout tap wanted

Started by Shanna, January 30, 2013, 07:54:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanna

Hi there

If anybody.has an old 2nd hand or unwanted Guinness stout tap that would be willing to sell or barter for please.get in touch.

Thanks

Declan
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Shanna

hi Will

Thanks for that my searches did not throw up anything (guess I was not searching for the right terms). I already have a,tower to attach the tap to so just need the the,tap itself.

Declan
Hops Group buy packer

rukkus

January 30, 2013, 07:38:53 PM #3 Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:43:23 PM by rukkus
Norm on ebay has some nice chrome ones at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORNELIUS-TYPE-CHROME-TAP-/321062310524?pt=Home_Brew&hash=item4ac0ce127c&_uhb=1 he sent me one. I havent used it yet but seems ok. He'll send it here if you ask. I have his email address if you want it. I got a full connection kit so no messing ordering extra fittings.

Will_D

January 30, 2013, 08:23:23 PM #4 Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:30:18 PM by Will_D
QuoteNorm on ebay has some nice chrome ones at the moment.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CORNELIUS-TYPE-CHROME-TAP-/321062310524?pt=Home_Brew&hash=item4ac0ce127c&_uhb=1 he sent me one. I havent used it yet but seems ok. He'll send it here if you ask. I have his email address if you want it. I got a full connection kit so no messing ordering extra fittings.

Just to be clear:

A stout ( aka G. ) tap has two little extras - a plastic widget (flow straightner ??)  and a micro perforated plate above it. These sit in the black plastic nozzle and are responsible for the G. head

rukkus

January 30, 2013, 08:28:06 PM #5 Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:28:50 PM by rukkus
Yup the one of those i got from norm had all that, i checked before i ordered

rukkus

No worries, yea was a great price. I'm all out of brew atm so havent tested it yet :'(

Will_D

QuoteJust ordered one of those to see what it's like. If it's as good as it looks I'll sell my other taps. Didn't work out too bad either, about €45 delivered via Parcel Motel.

Thanks for the heads up, rukkus!

Are you hoping to get a stout tap????

AFIK: This is NOT a stout tap!!!

rukkus

The one i have seems to be. What makes you think it isnt? Mine has a restrictor disc in it

rukkus

You sure did ;)

Bit confused about this not being a stout tap...? It seems the same as the guinness tap i bought from someone  ::)

rukkus

Here is the inside of the spout on mine. I did check before I ordered so maybe he added it after I requested but I doubt it :)

Shanna

Hi Tube and Rukkus,

Sorry I am a tad confused, are either of you able to confirm whether the tap referenced on the thread by Rukkus is actually a stout tap?

Declan
Hops Group buy packer

rukkus

Hmmmmi cant attach the image for some reason but yup the one i have has the extra o ring, plate and spinning white thing in the spout.

Shanna

Hi Rukkus,

Yes please send me his email address.

Thanks,

Declan
QuoteNorm on ebay has some nice chrome ones at the moment.

Hops Group buy packer

Shanna

Hi Rukkus,

Have had issues with images being too big, limit is 1.5MB for image uploads.

Declan
QuoteHmmmmi cant attach the image for some reason but yup the one i have has the extra o ring, plate and spinning white thing in the spout.
Hops Group buy packer