• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:27:57 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Nucleated Pint Glasses.

Started by Greg2013, March 09, 2013, 01:04:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg2013

Looking for the pint glasses with the etched disc in the bottom. I can get the plain ones in dunnes but i would like four or so of these ones as well. I have tried ebay and amazon and while i can find them there Jaysus wept the prices with postage are riduculous, bloody 15 euro a glass, feck that :o
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

newToBrew

The ones with a bit of "frosting" on the end?

I might have 1 - 2 to spare - will have a look later
coz theres always something new to do

Tucan

I've got a 1/2 dozen to spare that I can bring to the next SE meeting if your going.

Greg2013

Thanks guys appreciated. I have broken a few glasses recently and i realised the other night i actually only have ONE pint glass in the whole house :o
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

The plain ones as i said Dunnes will do for those but i thought some of the fizzy ones would be nice for certain beers ;D

Will_D

Talking of Nuclear Beer glasses?

I bet you didn't know this:

If you have access to a research ( Uni or hospital ) grade Cobalt 60 source then you can lower into the hot spot a standard english dimpled pint pot.

Leave it to be irradiated and when it comes back up its almost black. Over time the colours fade from black back to clear.

Standard trick in Salford Uni Bar that had the "Hot Block" (Nuclear Physics Building) next door.

BTW: The glass was not radioactive :)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

newToBrew

have some .. probably glasses - they habve "frosted" rings on the bottem are these the nucleus thingy ???
coz theres always something new to do

Greg2013

LordEoin

March 10, 2013, 04:49:50 AM #8 Last Edit: March 10, 2013, 04:50:44 AM by eoinlayton@hotmail
Talking of Nuclear Beer Glasses?

I bet you didn't know this:

After Monday's nuclear holocaust when North Korea unleashes hell against America (according to North Korea), the beer will still be safe to drink.

Nice to know  :)

smh.com.au/world/north-korea-threatens-us-with-nuclear-strike
study-beer-soft-drinks-safe-to-drink-in-event-of-nuclear-disaster/

Eoin

I have about a hundred of these branded Guinness and Smithwicks. Let me know if you want a few.

Tucan

Don't know about the Smithwicks but the Guinness glasses don't have nucleation sites on them.

Greg2013

Tube all branded pint glasses have a stamp on the bottom but that is not a nucleated glass. Nucleated glass is basically like a sand blasted disc etched on the bottom inside of the glass, those are the ones i am after.

Greg2013

Fair enough, maybe i should have said sand blasted ones as thats what i was after. Either way all donations gratefully accepted. BTW tube when is the next Waterford meet?