• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 07:43:15 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Minikeg/growler

Started by irish_goat, May 24, 2019, 08:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSumOfAllBeers

Quote from: JMK8 on June 09, 2019, 10:29:26 PM
Anyway of getting something like this to fit? https://www.creamsupplies.co.uk/nitro-2g-nitrogen-chargers-box-of-10

These look like they are interchangeable with co2 cartridges.

Worth an experiment I would say, especially if the beer is already conditioned and you just want to push it out with N2

JMK8

Yea that was what I was thinking.  Think I will give it a try and see how it goes.

DEMPSEY

Be interested to see how you get on with this nitro system. One advantage of using mixed gas in a pub is you can have a higher pressure if your beer line is a long way to the bar tap and it also does not have the issue of overcarbing your keg the way co2 would because the nitrogen gas will not dissolve into the beer while sitting under pressure.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

TheSumOfAllBeers

Yeah, if the thread fits you have a simple nitro delivery system that could work very well for any stout or low carbed style.

Look forward to seeing the results. Mixed gas is a heavy commitment; this could work as a keg charger too, and make a big difference to a CO2 carbed stout or english ale.

Will_D

Yet again this has cropped up like cream floating on milk!

These are Nitrous Oxide cartridges (aka Laughing gas and used to be used as a mild dental anesthetic - see Carry on Doctor!)

Nitrous Oxide is readily dissolved in fats (Cream) and so is used to force carb whip cream in a soda syphon like thing!

This has NOTHING do do with using a Nitrogen/CO2 mix to dispense stout!

Please don't waste your money on these (unless you want cheap whipped cream)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

DEMPSEY

So when he says,this beer not only tastes funny,it is funny. Why it's my funny bunny beer. :D

TheSumOfAllBeers

Move over Brut IPA your day in the sun is over.

The new craft beer trend is Laughing Gas Nitro Ice Cream stout. And it all started right here folks...

DEMPSEY

What about the gas that makes you talk like a smurf :D

DEMPSEY

Would be class to have a pub of rough docker types t the ens on the nights session all speaking in high pitched squeaky voices. Stop any rows or maybe not :-\ :D :laugh:

Will_D

Quote from: DEMPSEY on June 12, 2019, 07:02:17 PM
What about the gas that makes you talk like a smurf :D
AKA Helium or Baloon Gas
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

LordEoin

bike tyre inflator from aldi (€5) + tube from aliexpress (€1.50)

or you can buy them from CHINA for 20 or a HBS for €25
the gas in a 12g c02 bulb expands to about 9 liters. bulbs are about €1.30 each.

DEMPSEY

I went and bought this item, just need to be able to get it to connect to the gas in on my Heino type keg coupler. Going to use it as a cask breather/controller as I use a Heino type corney keg for my Cask beer. :)

Ceedee

Check that the CO2 is food grade though, a lot of them aren't as they are for inflating bike tyres.