• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 07:48:37 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Minikeg/growler

Started by irish_goat, May 24, 2019, 08:57:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shweeney

Quote from: shweeney on November 07, 2019, 05:14:14 PM
the mini-kegs from Geterbrewed (and Malt Miller etc, they all seem to be the same design).

If you have several kegs filled is the idea you have a ball-lock lid for each or do you store your beer with the screw-tops on the kegs.
If the latter how do you change keg without loosing pressure?

I'm not that familiar with kegging, but these look pretty good for small batches and would fit in a non-dedicated fridge so thinking about them.

I bought a 5L one, along with a mini-regulator from iKegger (aussie crowd - these things seem more popular down under).

Have a lager conditioning in it now, I'll report back on how it works out.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Quote from: shweeney on December 19, 2019, 03:08:30 PM
Quote from: shweeney on November 07, 2019, 05:14:14 PM
the mini-kegs from Geterbrewed (and Malt Miller etc, they all seem to be the same design).

If you have several kegs filled is the idea you have a ball-lock lid for each or do you store your beer with the screw-tops on the kegs.
If the latter how do you change keg without loosing pressure?

I'm not that familiar with kegging, but these look pretty good for small batches and would fit in a non-dedicated fridge so thinking about them.

If you want to use these like kegs, with all the benefits that entails, you tend to leave the spear head assemblies in place. That is, you (either) prime the beer as usual and fit the spear head, or fit the spear head when the keg is full of star san and purge it with co2.

If you want *bright* beer, you need to fit the the spear head. If you prime, and put the regular caps on, that is fine, but changing the spear head will cause the diptube to swish about and disturb the sediment.

I bought a 5L one, along with a mini-regulator from iKegger (aussie crowd - these things seem more popular down under).

Have a lager conditioning in it now, I'll report back on how it works out.