• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 07:47:34 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Started by Padraic, November 26, 2012, 03:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Padraic

Ladies and Gentlemen,

That moment has finally come, this is the official announcement of the first brewday for the Capital Brewers will be hosted by TOG(http://www.tog.ie/location/). TOG is a hackerspace where people come together to collaborate with each other and do projects in a supportive envirnoment, from knitting to Electronic's, have a look at their website above to find out more about the space.

So the plan on the day is to run three batches of beer, one all-grain, one extract and one kit. They will all be the same style Pale Ale(and loosely modeled on Sierra Nevada Pale Ale). The idea is to do a side by side(possibly blind) tasting of the three beers to see how they turn out a few weeks later.

I hope that you can all make it and be able to bring along a friend or two to see the three types of brewing process.

As is the tradition I will start a list. If you're bringing along a friend who isn't on here put them on the list below.= so that I'll have a good idea of numbers.

1. Padraic

Padraic

That sounds like you're offering to help out Shane good stuff... I'll add you to the volunteer list!

I think I have Rossa and Declan up for helping out on the day, I plan on doing no multitasking on the day, I'll just be there to look pretty really!

If anyone wants to volunteer to help out on the day please send me a PM and I'll get ye all plenty of jobs :)

Padraic

QuoteI can help out no problem by my experience when it comes to kits and extract is limited.

I'm sure I'll find a job for you!

1. Padraic
2. Ailbhe
3. Pádraig

CARA

Upa Sesh

Rossa

1. Padraic
2. Ailbhe
3. Pádraig
4. Tube
5. Declan
6. Rossa

Jacob

1. Padraic
2. Ailbhe
3. Pádraig
4. Tube
5. Declan
6. Rossa
7. Jacob

Will_D

1. Padraic
2. Ailbhe
3. Pádraig
4. Tube
5. Declan
6. Rossa
7. Jacob
8. Will (Photos)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

DEMPSEY

It would be nice to attend,but some of us have to work :(
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Cathal O D

1. Padraic
2. Ailbhe
3. Pádraig
4. Tube
5. Declan
6. Rossa
7. Jacob
8. Will (Photos)
9. Cathal O D (i will have to leave early)

Jacob

QuoteAs a suggestion, since we're not having a formal Christmas Party this year, how about we have a few drinks later on to mark the occasion? B&C is a 5 min walk.
Does it indicate that there wont be any drinking during the brew session? :P

Taf

I'm still planning on coming up for the 8th, but not 100% sure it will happen. If I do make it, I will pop in to say hello, and could definitely be persuaded to have 1 or 2 in the B&C. Might do a bit of a crawl after that, as haven't been to many of the craft pubs in dublin.

irish_goat

I'm a "maybe"...

What's the craic with buying ingredients etc? And do we need bottles?  ;)

Partridge9

01. Padraic
02. Ailbhe
03. Pádraig
04. Tube
05. Declan
06. Rossa
07. Jacob
08. Will (Photos)
09. Cathal O D (i will have to leave early)
10. James9 !

Shanna

01. Padraic
02. Ailbhe
03. Pádraig
04. Tube
05. Declan
06. Rossa
07. Jacob
08. Will (Photos)
09. Cathal O D (i will have to leave early)
10. James9
11. Doshanahan (Healthy children permitting  :-X
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Spud395

QuoteI'm still planning on coming up for the 8th, but not 100% sure it will happen. If I do make it, I will pop in to say hello, and could definitely be persuaded to have 1 or 2 in the B&C. Might do a bit of a crawl after that, as haven't been to many of the craft pubs in dublin.
Don't worry, we'll look after you when you get here!

The fact that a couple of you lads might be coming up is all the more reason to make it a bit of a Chirstmas Party/Drinks thing.
Not sure what time I'll be around from, but pretty sure I'll be up.
I've a vague idea where the G.P.O. and the O2 are after that I'm lost and never been to a decent pub in Dublin.
Non modo......sed etiam