• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 25, 2024, 06:55:10 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hello from Gorey County Wexford

Started by Tumbler, January 16, 2015, 05:12:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tumbler

Hi guys just joined NHC started Home Brewing about two years ago stopped for a little bit but just getting back into it now
hope I can learn something new from some of the more experienced brewers on here and hopefully get to know some brewers
near my local area currently brewing a coopers kit a Australian white for the missus and a bulldog blonde and just starting to keg
so that's me happy brewing

johnrm

Welcome on board Tom, happy brewing!

johnrm

I see Tom is now Tumbler, this personality changing thing seems to be catching!
Where in the world are you Tom Tumbler?
Good call on keeping the missus happy too!

sfoster_ie

Hi Tom. Just joined myself and looking to connect with locals homebrewing. Based in Gorey. I am brewing for a couple of years and have just invested in the Grainfather. Fantastic machine. Happy brewing! Tis the season and all!

TheSumOfAllBeers

Quote from: sfoster_ie on May 24, 2020, 01:01:51 PMHi Tom. Just joined myself and looking to connect with locals homebrewing. Based in Gorey. I am brewing for a couple of years and have just invested in the Grainfather. Fantastic machine. Happy brewing! Tis the season and all!

Check out the south eastern/Copper coast brewers forum. While gorey is a long stretch from Waterford, we are doing regular zoom meet ups now. Probably higher/more frequent turnouts now than our previous monthly meet ups

seino

Hi Tom. Welcome to NHC!

I'm in South Wicklow just outside Gorey, also brewing about two years. I'm with the Garden County Brewers and you'd be very welcome there. In the before time we'd meet in the Harbour Bar in Bray once a month for tastings, but currently making do with monthly Zooms and the Whatsapp group. I see TheSumOfAllBeers also recommending their Waterford club who also sound really active. Whichever homebrew club you choose, I do recommend joining one as there's no better way to enjoy the hobby and learn than with other brewers.

As I said I'm not far from Gorey and drive through there every day, so when things get back to normal I'd be happy to meet up and talk brewing.

Cheers,
Shane
In the Kegs: Saison, Light Lager, Impy Stout
Next Brew: Hefeweizen

Codonohoe

Hi lads, good to see some brewing action in Gorey. I'm not living there at the moment, but I still visit family regularly. I attempted to set up a brew club there a few years ago, but there was little interest... would ye have any interest in arranging a bottle swap or possibly a brew day some time?

Keokee

Quote from: sfoster_ie on May 24, 2020, 01:01:51 PMHi Tom. Just joined myself and looking to connect with locals homebrewing. Based in Gorey. I am brewing for a couple of years and have just invested in the Grainfather. Fantastic machine. Happy brewing! Tis the season and all!

Hi lads,
Gorey here also. I did a couple of brews a few years ago with a friend, just started again. Using BIAB method. Have a stout conditioning which I'm pretty hopeful for. I have a blond fermenting which if drinkable will be a whopper. I never accounted for boil off do the SG was way higher than intended. Going to dry hop it and see what happens. Great to see so much brewing action in gorey!
Karl