• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 19, 2024, 03:17:01 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2 step cheap thrumometer

Started by Beerbuddha, April 22, 2014, 08:08:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerbuddha

I bought the blichman thrumometer and was sick that i had wasted cash and even more sick i never taught of it anyways.

1  go to pet shop and buy fish tank temp strip

Choose place you want to see the temp. I have it on outfeed from chiller so i can adjust flow and watch strip shop temp increasing or decreasing as needed.

Apply strip and wallah money in pocket.

I hope pics are correct size.
IBD Member

alealex

What was wrong with the thrumometer?
And yeah, pic are massive  ;D
Bad day brewing is better than good day working.

Beerbuddha

I threaded the ends of it so i could screw it into a fitting that made it 1/2 inch. Its odd ball size but long story short i had accident and thread part cracked. Its still ok just one end has shorter piece to connect into plastic pipe. Do you need it ?
IBD Member

alealex

Nah, I'm ok. just wondered what would happened as thrumometer is pretty solid thing. I would stick the elbow into boiler to see if its cool enough to transfer to fermenter, just like baby bath  ;D
Bad day brewing is better than good day working.

Garry

Quote from: alealex on April 23, 2014, 01:07:59 PM
I would stick the elbow into boiler to see if its cool enough to transfer to fermenter, just like baby bath  ;D

:) :)

Great idea BB, thanks for sharing  :)

Beerbuddha

I'm couple weeks / months late but I keep my world lol. Too busy getting brew shed up and running so no time for the small things till now.

Not sure in price bren it was impulse buy while getting dog food.
IBD Member

Beerbuddha

If you want my  blichman thrumometer that's not being used let me know Garry ( no cost )
IBD Member

Garry

That's very generous BB, cheers  :)

brenmurph

BB is the most generous brewer I have ever met as well as a great brewday host, and a very skilled engineer.......delighted he is one of our camp here in Kildare!

Sorcerers Apprentice

Quote from: brenmurph on April 23, 2014, 10:59:16 PM
BB is the most generous brewer I have ever met as well as a great brewday host, and a very skilled engineer.......delighted he is one of our camp here in Kildare!
+1 and now he also has a big head   ;D but deservedly so
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others