• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 05, 2024, 12:09:21 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Wild Garlic - Dublin

Started by winstonia, May 07, 2015, 12:04:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winstonia

Anybody have any "secret" spots? I'm near St Annes Park so may have a look around there

DEMPSEY

We might be reading about you in the Herald so or maybe see you featured on the 6 o'clock news :P
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

ronanp

If you are up for a drive I can give you a sure thing. In Castlebellingham castle grounds on the banks on either side of the drive up to it are usually covered with wild garlic. Can't say anything about this year but since I was a young fella it has had loads ever year. Actually it's  changed hands and reopened as a more upmarket wedding venue so there is a small risk that new venue owners are keeping banks more closly cut. So maybe it's not such a sure thing anymore actually.

Parky

We go to Enniskerry (Wicklow) every year to pick wild garlic, grows on the banks of all the minor roads around the village, esp out near Powerscourt. Lovely drive out there too (quick trip down the M50). We have a 'secret' spot down by the river Dargle, and I can look up the exact directions if you're interested.

The leaves are the thing to go for, rather than the bulb, as it's tiny. Lovely sweet flavour, and make a great pesto, or even just a garnish for salads.

Kevin O'Roundwood

There's a section of the path around Knocksink just outside Enniskerry that's absolutely rife with wild garlic. Was gonna pick a few handfuls but then spotted my dog taking a slash in the middle of it... And there's a lot of dogs around there...!
Buachaill dána

Blueshed

bit of a drive but Bellurgan park where Vantastival was on over the wend is covered in wild garlic atm. http://www.bellurganpark.ie/

Simon_

Plenty round Howth. Always loads up the back of the Deer Park Hotel

Qs

There is loads of it in my garden. Stuff is a nightmare to get rid of.

Eoin

The Phoenix park near the Castleknock gates is full of it, you can smell it from the road.

auralabuse

Also st Catherine's park, down by the lifestyle just before the farm