• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 06:08:17 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Fermentation] Conical + Temp Control

Started by gregwario, January 30, 2023, 03:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gregwario

Looking for some advice. I've been fermenting in kegs for the past couple years but I'm not a huge fan of it. So I want to make two upgrades: (1) I'd like to upgrade to a conical fermenter so yeast is more manageable from a clarity + harvesting standpoints (2) I need to introduce some temp control as I've just been fermenting in a closet up to now.

Any recommendations on affordable fermenters that also play nice with a temp control setup?

I like the look of the Fast Ferment conicals but they're huge and I doubt they'd fit in anything smaller than a full-size fridge. I've seen the short-legged stainless steel guys but they're damn expensive - and that goes for the yokes with built-in glycol chillers and whatnot as well. Maybe I'm looking for a miracle, but any advice and experience from this group is well appreciated.

Phil.cork

I brew in an ssBrewtech 7gal bucket which I love but doesn't help with yeast management tbh.
For temp control I strongly recommend looking into the brewpiless. There is a thread on this forum somewhere (I'll try and find it) wiht really easy to follow instructions. I put mine together for about €30 and it controls a undercounter fridge to give fermentation control to about 0.2-0.5c accuracy.