• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 08:16:51 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

BrewCon - Club Night

Started by irish_goat, February 22, 2017, 11:15:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

Further to our announcement of ticket sales, I am also pleased to announce that we are going the NHC's first Club Night in the Banquet Hall after BrewCon. This is an idea that we have poached from the American Homebrewer's Association but on a smaller scale. The idea will be that alongside a selection of commercial craft beers we will have local clubs from all over the island pouring corny kegs of their own brews. We have had a great response already from the club reps with a large range of styles already proposed. Hopefully we'll have some great beers pouring and it will encourage lots of interclub mingling and a little bit of friendly rivalry too as there will be a prize for the best beer.

Each local club should get in touch with their club rep for more info on the beer your club will be bringing.

Leann ull

February 22, 2017, 11:30:53 AM #1 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 01:04:08 PM by CH
Fancy dress as per AHA?
Just noticed the guy going around at 4:19 with a beergun  8)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt-qMI7-Gqg

Leann ull

Forgot to say would it help if we had our forum names on our ticket? I would love to put a face to a forum name?

DEMPSEY

Quote from: CH on February 22, 2017, 01:36:04 PM
Forgot to say would it help if we had our forum names on our ticket? I would love to put a face to a forum name?
+1 on this, always trying to ID people at social events like this and personal names don't match up with avator ones :'(
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

DEMPSEY

February 22, 2017, 03:45:20 PM #4 Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 05:33:45 PM by DEMPSEY
The blond Ale at 7.09 to 7.23 looks tasty
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

pob

Quote from: DEMPSEY on February 22, 2017, 03:41:49 PM
Quote from: CH on February 22, 2017, 01:36:04 PM
+1 on this, always trying to ID people at social events like this and personal names don't match up with avator ones :'(

Now added to tickets

(Oh, how I look forward to spending time in April matching up the first lot of names to their forum names before the badges are printed)

Leann ull

Your welcome,7 Ps,
Just mail them? Or write it on the day in black marker

molc

Yeah for the ones that don't have it added, just ask them om the day and scribble it on for them.

Just don't get a Bjcp judge to do the writing ;)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

garciaBernal

I have my Brewcon ticket in the bag but for club members that can't attend Brewcon but are around after, will they be allowed in to this shin-dig?
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

GlasbrewInc

Quote from: garciaBernal on March 09, 2017, 07:52:40 PM
I have my Brewcon ticket in the bag but for club members that can't attend Brewcon but are around after, will they be allowed in to this shin-dig?

Hello garciaBernal,

Sorry but unfortunately its for ticket holders only - due to a health and safety numbers limitation at the venue.

garciaBernal

Quote from: GlasbrewInc on March 09, 2017, 08:02:20 PM
Quote from: garciaBernal on March 09, 2017, 07:52:40 PM

Hello garciaBernal,

Sorry but unfortunately its for ticket holders only - due to a health and safety numbers limitation at the venue.

Understandable. Thanks.
"If you do not enjoy my beer, then I say it is a pity for you!" Armand DeBelder-Drie Fonteinen

Leann ull

March 09, 2017, 10:45:30 PM #12 Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 12:11:29 AM by CH
We had a couple of folks just rock up last year to the beer part, entry to that element will be rigidly enforced by security this year as it's not fair for folks to walk in off the street in the evening v's those that have paid for a full days ticket.

Simon_

Leann ull

No definitely not these guys will be carrying pieces to shoot intruders.