• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 01:51:04 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

"Dialing in Haze", an NHC webinar with Omega Yeast - Wednesday October 12

Started by SlugTrap, September 23, 2022, 05:27:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlugTrap

The NHC is happy to host a live exclusive online seminar with Lance Shaner, owner of Omega Yeast:

Dialing in Haze - How Yeast Plays a Role
How do you achieve that consistent beautiful haze in your hazy IPA?
In the early days of NEIPA recipe design, a common misconception was that you needed non-flocculent yeast to stay in suspension for a hazy beer. This is simply not the case.
Certain yeast strains are better suited for hazy beer styles and in fact are a major contributor to stable colloidal haze. I will provide my best recommendations for the most haze-positive yeast strains and our current ideas into what makes these yeast strains so unique.
Another key component to this yeast-dependent colloidal haze is dry hopping. I'll cover best dry hopping practices for the development of haze, including dry hop addition timing, dry hop dose and hop variety-specific effects.

This is an intermediate talk, suitable for both the beginner and more advanced brewer - but you've got to love hops!

The webinar is scheduled for Wednesday October 12 at 20.30 Irish time, and should last about an hour.
Zoom link + login details below.

Hope to see you there!

NHC Zoom Admin is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: Dialling in Haze - How Yeast Plays a Role
Time: Oct 12, 2022 08:15 PM Dublin

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/81409126635

Meeting ID: 814 0912 6635

Dial by your location
Ireland   
+353 6 163 9031
+353 1 240 8941
+353 1 536 9320
+353 1 653 3895
+353 1 653 3897
+353 1 653 3898

Meeting ID: 814 0912 6635
Find your local number: https://us06web.zoom.us/u/kc06N5WsQa

mick02

Quote from: SlugTrap on September 23, 2022, 05:27:21 PMThe NHC is happy to host a live exclusive online seminar with Lance Shaner, owner of Omega Yeast:

Dialing in Haze - How Yeast Plays a Role
How do you achieve that consistent beautiful haze in your hazy IPA?
In the early days of NEIPA recipe design, a common misconception was that you needed non-flocculent yeast to stay in suspension for a hazy beer. This is simply not the case.
Certain yeast strains are better suited for hazy beer styles and in fact are a major contributor to stable colloidal haze. I will provide my best recommendations for the most haze-positive yeast strains and our current ideas into what makes these yeast strains so unique.
Another key component to this yeast-dependent colloidal haze is dry hopping. I'll cover best dry hopping practices for the development of haze, including dry hop addition timing, dry hop dose and hop variety-specific effects.

This is an intermediate talk, suitable for both the beginner and more advanced brewer - but you've got to love hops!

The webinar is scheduled for Wednesday October 12 at 20.30 Irish time, and should last about an hour.
Zoom link + login details to follow.

Hope to see you there!
Rich, great to see something like this in the works. Can't wait! Cheers for organising.
NHC Committee member

SlugTrap

Original post edited to include login details - please join us tomorrow!

Cheers,
- Rich

frlinux

SlugTrap

Thanks to all who attended last night!

For anyone who couldn't join (or fancies a rewatch) the link to the recording is in this thread:
https://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php?topic=19735.0

We're hoping to make this a series, so if there was anything we could improve (too niche, too long, too late on a weeknight, etc.) or speakers you'd like to hear from, message me directly to let me know.
Hope to see you again for our next session.